• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Z-Nuke (retooled) PDGA Approved

dude what is your quote from?

Also I am excited to try one of these forehand. I wonder if the shallower rim is going to be a problem.

1. the "Groove not so groovy" thread a few posts down from here

2. i doubt it will be a problem, the FR ESP Nukes i have are hella deep, shaving some off that should be a good thing i think. I'm also stoked to try these for FH distance, hopefully these are a bit more reliable than the ESP runs

No clue but I will ask........and I hope not.....unless this new mold is a miracle disc.

yeah im guessing that they shaved it down so they could keep it under weight in Z, so maybe the ESP will stay deep? at the same time though it would be kinda weird to have 2 different molds both called a Nuke:|

i doubt it will be a problem, the FR ESP Nukes i have are hella deep, shaving some off that should be a good thing i think. I'm also stoked to try these for FH distance, hopefully these are a bit more reliable than the ESP runs
I really don't like Katanas for FH because they're so shallow. I'm sorry to hear they're making them even shallower. I just threw my first nuke Friday and kinda liked it (ESP). Yick.

Doubt it since the deep rim and plastic blend was what gave it so much glide.

I agree. That's why I like the Boss more than the Katana.

Please keep the "old mold" nuke! No more of this shallow rim crap! (I was starting to kinda like the nuke...but don't tell my bosses that. They might get jealous.)

any word on whether or not they will be switching the ESP runs to this new mold?

This is my fear too!

I assume the change is to manage weight, but to my understanding the z-nuke as had material removed from its esp forerunner.

This means material needs to be added to the mould. this is crazy hard to do compared to cutting a new base. I would there fore guess, the top is the same and the rim is changed out, so 'retooled' is in fact 'new rim' so we can only hope that they keep the 'old rim' tool and the ESP nuke stays the same as it always was.

Anyword on how the Z nuke flies?

I agree. That's why I like the Boss more than the Katana.

Please keep the "old mold" nuke! No more of this shallow rim crap! (I was starting to kinda like the nuke...but don't tell my bosses that. They might get jealous.)

If you haven't....try out those Star versions of the Katana....nice, domie, 175....I would put it up there with the boss....but the new Z Nuke.....this may be the disc that flies more of a boss route....but could be longer....and responds to the wind better than the katana....but if you haven't tried...the new star katanas are no joke compared to the champion and pro versions

These things better not become useless after 1 tree hit like all the Pro-D..er..ESP Nukes I've thrown.

These things better not become useless after 1 tree hit like all the Pro-D..er..ESP Nukes I've thrown.

I have been reading a lot about that. So far I haven't had a problem with my ESP. I am glad that they are coming out with some Z's though

I try to avoid hitting trees and I still use my original Memorial Nuke........

Latest posts