• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zombee - New name for the 2012 Ace Race disc

Whaaat? I get the "Zombee" reference, but it's a little disappointing to see them jump on the whole zombie bandwagon :\

googled the term for an image, and thought this was the coolest so far. most of the rest were too cutesy for my tastes
(from the world of cycling, ht to zombee508):
zombee-1.jpg

I'm gonna be that guy and ask: Does a name really matter? I would still throw the Axis even if it were called the Flaccid. If it works, it works.

In this case, the Flaccid probably would be a term for a disc that doesn't work, but you get my drift. :D

Discraft takes the cake as the worst disc namers in the sport. Super cheesy? Check. Jumping on some pop culture phenomenon? Check. Abusing an already tired naming scheme? Check.

My god that's an awful name on multiple levels.

Wow, that's a horrible name. I get trying to work in bee/wasp terms into the name, but for reals... Zombee?? I thought that I remember seeing a poll or name suggestion box on the Ace Race site. Is that what won?

It's not a bad disc. It's not a great disc, but it's not a bad disc. Zombee?? That's a terrible name for that disc, IMO.

I think it's supposed to be pronounced like in that old Cranberries' song.

Zah-uhm-bee-ee-ee.

the name is so bad i might pull the disc from the bag. I wonder if they don't plan to release it so they don't care about the name? I hope they do release it because it is a solid disc.

Latest posts