• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca DD EZ cart vs. Zuca DD backpack cart

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Love to hear peoples opnions of both. Pros, cons? What are your overall options? Worth it rather than just carrying a backpack? Looking at getting one around Christmas
Thanks

In my Personal opinion, If you carry more than 15 discs, or a bunch of other stuff besides just discs, in your bag, ANY cart is worth it. One that has a built in seat, even better. It is AMAZING the amount of energy I feel like I save by pushing/pulling a cart, rather than carrying a bag on my back. It shows in my scores, too. If you can afford to pick up a cart, it is a GREAT investment. I would Personally go with the Backpack Cart over the EZ, just for the Seat, alone. BUT, I have two kids that throw with me, and the seat is a Lifesaver. I use it a ton, too.

DD Backpack Cart owner here, very happy with my purchase. The seat was well worth the additional money to me. Love the versatility of being able to swap my backpack in/out depending on the course terrain. Quick set up is nice and it takes up roughly the same amount of space as my backpack alone in the car. Definitely saves energy and allows me to play more rounds than when I carry my pack. The on/off, picking up/setting down, every single shot starts to add up throughout the day so having a cart reduces all that extra movement.

Only cons are all the optional items for the cart can add cost quickly. Putter pouch, umbrella holder, new wheels, etc... Putter pouch is a must-have item, others not so much.

DD Backpack Cart owner here, very happy with my purchase. The seat was well worth the additional money to me. Love the versatility of being able to swap my backpack in/out depending on the course terrain. Quick set up is nice and it takes up roughly the same amount of space as my backpack alone in the car. Definitely saves energy and allows me to play more rounds than when I carry my pack. The on/off, picking up/setting down, every single shot starts to add up throughout the day so having a cart reduces all that extra movement.

Only cons are all the optional items for the cart can add cost quickly. Putter pouch, umbrella holder, new wheels, etc... Putter pouch is a must-have item, others not so much.

How hard it easy is it to get the backpack in and out? Others have said it is had. Depending on the backpack of course

How hard it easy is it to get the backpack in and out? Others have said it is had. Depending on the backpack of course

For me it isn't much of an issue at all. I have the Grip C-series bag (C14-day bag, C15=glow bag) which is the skinniest Grip bag. I believe I also bought the smaller/skinnier EZ Cart before they made the larger one for larger, wider backpack bags.

I find it works best if my water bottle pockets are empty, which is rarely an issue as the cart has water bottle holders that I use instead of the ones in my bag. Pop the seat up and then I insert the Grip in via the top half of the bag first, then I can use the top opening to pull the bag up slightly so the bottom rails clear the bottom support of the cart. Then use my other hand to simply push the lower part of the backpack into place. It fits in there nice and snug and I can tip the cart over and not worry about the bag falling out.

Removing is similar, grab the bag by the zipper front where the discs are held and pull it up and out so the rails clear the cart frame. Need to be a little careful here as there are finger pinch-points and those metals edges aren't very forgiving. Can also use your off hand to steady it from the top/seat opening if needed. Going in or taking it out is a matter of a couple seconds either way so once you get used to it, its very simple and easy to do. :thmbup:

It depends on the bag you have. My dd ranger backpack is a somabitch to get in and out.

See that's one of the ones that I was looking at. That and the commander... looking for some flexibility to use the bag or not

I don't regret the ranger zuca combo at all really. Both are really nice gear. It's a setup I should be able to use a really long time. It just takes a minute to get the bag in and out and is best done with the bag empty. You have to be careful but it's workable just barely.

I prefer the EZ cart as I hardly ever sit so to me the seat is just extra added weight to pull and limits your bag type. You can add a portable seat (sold at dynamic disc) to the EZ cart by using an umbrella holder or create your own holder. To me its a more flexible option although more pricey then buying the seat version.

I prefer the EZ cart as I hardly ever sit so to me the seat is just extra added weight to pull and limits your bag type. You can add a portable seat (sold at dynamic disc) to the EZ cart by using an umbrella holder or create your own holder. To me its a more flexible option although more pricey then buying the seat version.

Interesting, didn't think about an umbrella holder as a seat holder... got a picture?

Interesting, didn't think about an umbrella holder as a seat holder... got a picture?

I had to read it a couple of times, but I think he's just talking about carrying a stool.

FYI, the Zuca umbrella holder is too small to hold most stools. Zuca does sell a larger 'accessory holder' (forget the exact name) that does fit stools, but I think it's ~$50. I just used PVC and a hose clamp to make a simple version. Not as dead-simple as a built-in seat, but it's okay.