• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca Trekker or AT

SirGawain

Par Member
So with the sale going on I was going to get a cart. I'm looking at the AT or the Trekker. Does anybody have any major issues or cons with these I need to know about that might sway my thinking?

The AT is a huge tank, especially with the accessories like the saddlebags and putter pouch. I actually do not use it as often as I thought I would. At this point, I mainly use it when I want to record my rounds and use it as a stable platform. It also could be that where I live, most of my rounds are at courses where I can get by with 10 discs or less. I purchased it before I moved to where I lived now, so I likely had bigger ambitions back then.

If it were not too much trouble finding a buyer, I have actually considered selling it and getting the back-pack cart. I think I would be more apt to use it when I do not have to worry about the hassle of transplanting discs between all my bags and the cart.

I'm new to carts, having bought the LG backpack cart at the beginning of the season. I've used it for about 75% of my rounds and it's been great. The other 25% were because of terrain, limited disc rounds, or just feeling like carrying my backpack. I love being able to choose - sometimes on the spot - whether to pull or to carry.

I've got the AT, it's a beast as was said. But the fact that my core bag and the amount of discs that can fit often makes me think I'm going to be getting the BP cart and a back pack. I like the options thing. Either or, I believe it to be a wise purchase.

But the fact that my core bag and the amount of discs that can fit often makes me think I'm going to be getting the BP cart and a back pack.

This reminded me of the phenomenon that empty space tends to get filled up over time (like my attic). In disc golf, the more space you have, the more you carry. As much as I liked the idea of those carts with lower shelves that hold neatly zippered packs and coolers, they just seem like an invitation to bring along more stuff. I keep asking myself, "what do I really need for a 2-3 hour walk?"

So I ended up going with the AT simply because if you got a pink frame, you got the saddle bags and putter pouch for free.

I'm too cheap to pass that up regardless of color. I'm also wanting to get my kids into the sport so the extra space could be great for them with all the things kids need.

So I ended up going with the AT simply because if you got a pink frame, you got the saddle bags and putter pouch for free.

I'm too cheap to pass that up regardless of color. I'm also wanting to get my kids into the sport so the extra space could be great for them with all the things kids need.

That's a smoking deal. You can also find groups on FB to help mod and pimp your Zucca out. There's some really nice tricks you can do to them! You won't regret the buy either way.

Latest posts