• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

10KLDG - Minnesota Disc Golfers Unite

May not be able to this weekend, but I just got a bonus and a raise so I may be buying some proper winter gear....Which maaaaaaay convince me to disc through the winter again.

Depends on snow depth. Too many big shots with a lot of areas where you cannot get a bearing of where it exactly landed. Spotters would be a must. If there is little to no snow on the ground, it is likely easier to play than during the summer because the shots are not as blind around corners and whatnot. Plus, if you cannot carry the water on Hole 15, at least it should be frozen and easy to retrieve.

i played at hidden lake the other day actually. before the newest snowfall. teepads were soggy. played two rounds no lost discs by myself. the only downfall is the teepads.

calvary is currently shoveled and salted. sportsman is in prime shape. and milly is well kept too. i would play any of those if anyone is tryna throw around here. thats all i know for conditions around here

i played at hidden lake the other day actually. before the newest snowfall. teepads were soggy. played two rounds no lost discs by myself. the only downfall is the teepads.

calvary is currently shoveled and salted. sportsman is in prime shape. and milly is well kept too. i would play any of those if anyone is tryna throw around here. thats all i know for conditions around here

I play Cavalry immediately after I am done teaching. I want to thank you or whoever salted the tees there. I was able to sneak out to River's Edge on prep and nearly snapped my hip because of the poor footing. I was likely going to walk away from Cavalry because I was sore and did not want to hurt myself further.

I play Cavalry immediately after I am done teaching. I want to thank you or whoever salted the tees there. I was able to sneak out to River's Edge on prep and nearly snapped my hip because of the poor footing. I was likely going to walk away from Cavalry because I was sore and did not want to hurt myself further.

i shoveled. and the homies that started to play after i finished throwing were salting. without the salt the pads were as good as ice. could barely find a spot to even get grip on a standstill. i was actually going to go out and buy salt but they showed up just in time.

calvary at 1 if anyone wants to join. i think ill be getting out there early and playing all day though

my buddies were able to throw some rollers at calvary thats how light the snow is!!

were hitting up clearwater or calvary or milly tomorrow if anyone wants to join

you know, today sucked.

i had dry feet, i was warm; comfortable, even. and i just realized that i hate winter and throwing on crappy footing. there's not much of a point if i don't bring my shovel every time.

i played like poop today too. shoveling does suck and i said i wasnt going to do it but i gotta keep my feet moving. i cant stay cooped up inside all day.

I got up to play Chisholm and Hibbing with a group of friends yesterday. We finished up by 2pm. About 3 inches of snow on the ground and howling winds. I still shot pretty well at Hibbing with a -2 from the shorts.

The mush coming down definitely affected my grip and footing. We ended up playing only 12 holes of Ript. I am always the person who gets the Zip It! card which states that I have to be quiet for the whole round plus EVERYONE else can play a card on me. Three times in twelve holes I was the one who had to be quiet while throwing a left-handed tomahawk roller from an alternate teebox, and to top it off I must putt with my eyes closed while I am caddying for someone else. I guess that is what I get for winning 8 of the 12 available skins.

I also parked Hole 6 and had that drive taken away from me. I was carrying a small bag, so I could not run up the fairway to get my TeeBird back, having to settle trying to make a tunnel shot with an Enforcer. Not as close the second time, but I still sunk the 80 foot approach on a cone basket with a Claymore for a birdie and two skins.

The highlight (technically a lowlight) of the day was when I had to throw one of those left-handed tomahawk rollers and I totally smashed it into the ground ten feet in front of me. A woman walking her dog just happened to be walking behind us and commented, "I have never played frisbee golf before, but I am sure that even I can throw better than that." I had the Zip It card so I was not allowed to say a thing. Thankfully my buddies had a good laugh at my expense before finally getting around to explaining to her what was going on. Still, I had a legitimate chance to save it for par.

^^hahahah i saw the video of one of your left tomahawk rollers pretty funny.

at calvary a few days ago a lady who was walking her dog said to me and my two buddies- "oh you guys sure have some serious set ups" while lookin at our bags. in a sarcastic tone.

basically she nicely said wow you guys need to get a life hahaha

if only she knew that how many are in my bag are probably only 1/15th of what i really own :|