• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2-day Lake Michigan Circle Tour

if only we were rich.

@superberry: I really liked the feel of Watch it Bend, I can only imagine how much better you've made it since then. :hfive:

Yeah, the SS Badger isn't cheap...we looked at it for our Flip City trip last year, and for a vehicle and four guys, it would have been like 60 bucks/head, one way. With the price of gas right now, it's way cheaper to drive.

Last fall I drove from northern Indiana to that trio of courses in Wisc and took the that ferry back to Michigan. If driving thru Chicago, time it accordingly in regards to rush hour (which is half of the day). I did it at 5:30a on a holiday which made it very easy. The ferry cost me $144 for a 4 hr trip.
Driving is somewhat cheaper but can be a pain.

Jeff,

It was good to play with you last year at Watch It Bend Acres. (BTW it is now 24 holes with a complete set of DC28 baskets for 2015). Based on your reviews and comments regarding Tailings and Powder Mill (and even the Yooper Silver Creek here), you will NOT want to miss Winter Park. You will use more shots and discs in your bag than any course you've ever played. With 27 holes, despite many being very wooded and needle-threaders, the design intent was to vary every hole if even by a small margin to force very specific flight patterns. EG there is a huge difference between the flights of a RHBH anny, RHFH, and LHBH. Winter Park will test those who can differentiate between those subtleties, and although the terrain can surely beat you down, accuracy and control are your very forgiving friends.

I think you'll love it! The WP-SC-RR trio is arguably one of the best in the nation IMO!

Tim, I really did appreciate your hospitality. As our last course on an epic trip, we were both exhausted when we hit your place. I am not afraid of an ass kicking. I can handle multiple ski courses in one day. Not scurred.
I think, as of now, the trip will remain as planned. We can do it!

Do you have some sort of timeline picked out, as far as when you'd be arriving in Manitowoc?

Hoping that if we leave Grand Rapids by 1am (12am central) that we get there by 0630 with stops for gas food stretch...
We started our first course last year by about 7am.

Still thinking about having Legacy make some commemorative discs for this trip. Trying to find some clip art of the guy from the 70's stretched back with his feet out first and in pimp clothes... if anyone can help me.

This one?
"Keep on Truckin' " was the slogan for this picture in the 70s.

big_keep-on-truckin01.gif

I know the image you're talking about, but I will need to look from my laptop.

edit: leave it to someone who was already old IN the 70s ;)

anyone want to help me clean this up?

Attachments

• #nohomo.png
    #nohomo.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
Turn it into something related to my DSC (D!ck Stomping Challenge) bag tag holders and I'd be willing to split some discs with ya. With his boot sticking out, lends itself perfectly to "make sure to lace up your d!ck stomping boots!"

Day 1 sounds awesome. Dare I say... Legendary!?

Silver Creek will be a great starting course. I'd suggest skipping the 2 holes on the south side of the entrance road, and use that 15 minutes to chill on the bench at 14 :)

I'd cruise up to Winter Park second. Sorry Superberry, but I'm gonna suggest skipping the holes after 15 to make time for S.R. But definitely play the lettered holes!

If you can finish at the Ridge by 3:30-4, there will hopefully be enough daylight to get through Standing Rocks. That would be my big concern. It's 95% under canopy. If the ETA is after 6, I'd consider hitting up O'Hauser instead. It's 5 minutes offa 10, and you'd get up to Sandy point by a decent hour.

Good luck fellas

Day 1 sounds awesome. Dare I say... Legendary!?

Silver Creek will be a great starting course. I'd suggest skipping the 2 holes on the south side of the entrance road, and use that 15 minutes to chill on the bench at 14 :)

I'd cruise up to Winter Park second. Sorry Superberry, but I'm gonna suggest skipping the holes after 15 to make time for S.R. But definitely play the lettered holes!

If you can finish at the Ridge by 3:30-4, there will hopefully be enough daylight to get through Standing Rocks. That would be my big concern. It's 95% under canopy. If the ETA is after 6, I'd consider hitting up O'Hauser instead. It's 5 minutes offa 10, and you'd get up to Sandy point by a decent hour.

Good luck fellas

should be sunrise to sunset disc golf regardless. epic is the hope!