• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2-day Lake Michigan Circle Tour

ok. change of plans.

Day 1 will stay the same.
Day 2 will now be:
Sandy Point
The Tailings (iron river, mi)
City Park (iron mountain, mi)
then to
Brown Deer and/or dretzka in milwaukee

when it came down to it, the drive between iron mountain and east jordan was too much and didn't guarantee dawn til dusk disc golf...
make your plans accordingly ;)

Black Bear Creek in Crandon may be on your way between Sandy Point and Tailings and is a neat and fun private course on a great northern WI forest property. Might be worth a stop. If I were you, after the RR-WP-SC trio, I'd head on Hwy 29 to Mosinee and Stevens Point and hit up Big Eau Pleine, Yulga, and Standing Rocks. Then southeast on Hwy 10 to 41 on your way to Milwaukee. Or you could continue south on I39 and cut over to hit Zobel. That trip isn't taking you roundabout north if your final destination is south to head home underneath the Lake.

I know Tailings is awesome and worth another stop, and Sandy PT is a great wooded northen WI getaway, but that seems like waste in between. I like Brown Deer and Dretzka, but feel they pale in comparison to the Silver Lake Foxes trio of courses. And if you do Grey and Silver Fox, you could hit up White River in Lake Geneva and get another WIB course under your belt (no worries, it's a mostly open old bolf course that in which the city owned no surrounding woods save for the few patches on the course. If they have it set up all long pins, it's pretty challenging band you need an arm to score birdies)

^ This is a solid recommendation, one would get to play almost half of the top 20 courses in Wisco. I agree that the two and half hour drive north to Sandy Point is not really valid since you plan on coming all the way back down to Milwaukee, Iron mountain's city park is just an average city style course but its pretty fun. Black Bear is comparable to City park, Zobel in my eyes is a bit better than the Tailing but i think that is because it seems more attention and Grey Fox in the longs could hang in the lower end of the top 20 of Wisco.

Personally, I'd save Sandy Point for a Highbridge Run. It's pretty far up and out of your way.

Day 1: Brown Deer, Silver Creek, Winter Park, Rollin' Ridge
Day 2: O'Hauser, Standing Rock, Zobel, WARP (9 holer In Waupun that's damn nice), and whatever else you can fit in along the way. You could swing towards the Madison area, or roll SE and hit Dretzka or any of the other courses mentioned above.

And while bagging courses is awesome, it REALLY feels like you're going to be racing through some really nice courses, and not getting an actual feel for how good they are. I still think you're going to want to play shorts/meds at Rollin' Ridge, but that's just me.

Play the Blacks at the Ridge!!! That were the Pro plays, my best from the blacks is 74, last year at the Silver Cup Cale Laveiska shot the hot round with 65. So, i felt pretty damn good!!

Last edited:
ok, so we have to do city park in iron mountain. I need/want to get back to 100% of michigan done and this one is sooooo far away from home. I like my current layout.

And you don't think the UP will add another course by summer?? Pretty untapped area that is starting to expand, save Iron mountain when you do Sandy Point and Highbridge.

not stubborn.
the whole point of this trip was to hit the iron mountain course. the rest was just "fluff" that we could make as awesome as possible.
You guys have no idea what I went through over the last four years to hit 100% in michigan.
the UP is seriously isolated. I just wished that course was there last year when we did our epic 2-day UP trip.
what I'm saying is humor me. I know you all have huge cheese-head hard-ons about all your wisconsin courses but I have to do parts of this trip.

I have to drink a ton of beer. Why do I always get the hardest job? ;)

I wish I could be the designated driver.
smiley-sad030.gif

Don't sweat Iron Mtn if your goal is 100%. Calumet is opening one this summer, and a e will have two more in Marquette county in the next two seasons.

Simple answer, it's far more expensive than a couple tanks of gas...

Plus, by the time you factor in getting there early, embarkment, disembarkment, etc, it ends up not being THAT much shorter of a time frame.

Play the Blacks at the Ridge!!! That were the Pro plays, my best from the blacks is 74, last year at the Silver Cup Cale Laveiska shot the hot round with 65. So, i felt pretty damn good!!

Cale shot a 59. Course record!