• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

So when we go to check in, do we say we're with DGCR? Or did you reserve them in your name?

Yeah they are reserved in my name. I am going to check, but I think I should be the only that has to check-in and then you guys can just all come right on through to the campsites.

But to answer your actual question, they are reserved under my name.

Everyone attending should have a PM with my full name, email addy, and phone number in case there are any problems. You can call or text anytime.

I may end up calling the park tomorrow and seeing if they would let us move our campsites. I'll keep everyone posted and confirm everything with those that reserved their own sites.

This should be fun and I apologize to my doubles partner in advance on Saturday as I will not have played for about a month come next weekend due to moving. Doesn't bode well for an already inconsistent game.

At any rate, I am still busy and the only way I am even justifying coming down Saturday now is due to the fact that I have not been able to get out, so I will be heading down after my sons soccer game, which should put me there at around11:30-12ish I guess, so will just head to Players.

You know you want to! Don't let something trivial (like life) get between you and a good DG roadie!

Amen brother. I have a West to East trip in the works right now.:thmbup:

My wife says its either her or the trip, Man ill miss her.

Wow, Im pumped for this meet and not even going, Have fun everybody!!!!

I think I messaged everyone that is camping, but I wanted to post it here in the thread as well. We have officially moved campsites. Instead of having sites 160-165 we are now at 26-30. Figured I would post here so that everyone knows where to find the sites numbers in case they need them.

I'll get the first post update by a mod tomorrow for the final time and make sure the campground info including map is up-to-date.

See you all in a couple of days.

Almost there...

I'm going nuts just having not played, then alone knowing the meet is this weekend.

Shirts, towels, and bag tags arrived at my door today. They look good. Sorting through everything now and getting the shirts and towels put with your discs. I'm not sure how I am going to pass out the bag tags yet, whether or not I will go in the order paid, or I might go with the order we finish in the singles round, first or closest to gets number 1, etc.

I am so frickin excited.

I would say go by finishing order in the singles round on Saturday Morning. CTP hole #2 for all ties to determine order.

I like that idea however I say hole 20 for ctp. Hole 2 is shorter but much more difficult really and a bad shot can end up in the drink. I think hole 20 would give a better chance to all players.

I have to work 15 hours tomorrow, and I may have to end up working on Friday, but I'm going to try to talk my way out of that. Originally I was suppose to have Friday off but we have a lot of jobs coming up, still though I'll be at the course by noon or 1. I do want to try to pick up a pack of golf pencils and those little orange flags to mark ctp.

God I am so excited, these last few days seem like that have been dragging on and on and on and on and...

I thought hole #2 at Alum...the one through the trees toward the corner of the road. Unless that's not hole 2 anymore...

Well if we're going by the singles round, why not use a hole on the course we're playing singles on for ctp? Or am I missing something? Also hole 2 there is still much harder than hole 20 at Gordon, I just want to try to give everyone as much chance as possible. We have a lot of newer players coming out, so choosing a more difficult hole might not be as fair for them.

For CTP you can use any basket and set up a tee 200-225 ft from the basket. Nothing tricky, it should be a throw everyone has a chance at winning.

:wall: I had it stuck in my mind that singles was at Alum :wall:

Hole 20 should suffice :doh: