• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

Also, anyone that wants to camp, be sure to include that in your PM so I can figure out how many campsites we need to reserve.

Are these just aingle person campsites or could we maybe talk to the campgrounds and see about getting 3-5 campsite for up to 20 people to camp on? This could be a great deal for both parties involved.

I also vote for everyone to bring a practice basket. We can set up a safari glow course through the campgrounds (provided it isn't too crowded) and play some glow golf :).

Are these just aingle person campsites or could we maybe talk to the campgrounds and see about getting 3-5 campsite for up to 20 people to camp on? This could be a great deal for both parties involved.

I also vote for everyone to bring a practice basket. We can set up a safari glow course through the campgrounds (provided it isn't too crowded) and play some glow golf :).

They campsites are fairly large. I would think 4-5 people per site easily. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out how many people they allow per site, (I think it's 6, but we don't want to crowd ourselves) how many tents per site, and I know they allow two vehicles per site. Once I get all that info, I will post it in the first post.

What I am thinking is that we find out how many sites we'll need then we can split the cost up per person and go from there. I will talk to the office and see if they can block of sites for us, or everyone can paypal me and I can reserve a block of sites, or whatever works best for everyone. Once I get all the info from the camp office, I'll post it.

I also know there is a good amount of woods surrounding the campground so we should be able to set up some nice holes with temp baskets. I have also heard rumors that the campground itself is getting a nine hole course installed sometime this year. I don't know if that will be complete by then or not, but its something to keep in mind.

Great...I'm going to try to make it both Sat and Sun. Lodging TBD.
I will vote for a full players pack (2 discs, T-shirt, Towel and Bag Tag). Mini?

Thanx for the info!!!!!

Hope you can make it out both days. Just shoot me a PM when you know for sure.

What I am thinking is that we find out how many sites we'll need then we can split the cost up per person and go from there. I will talk to the office and see if they can block of sites for us, or everyone can paypal me and I can reserve a block of sites, or whatever works best for everyone. Once I get all the info from the camp office, I'll post it.

Sounds like a good plan :)

Alright guys, added some information and confirmed members to the first post.

We still need some more input/feedback on the players packs. Do we want to go all out, keep it simple and cheap? Let us know what you would like to see.

IMO, keeping it simple and cheap for the first meet would be a better idea. We're meeting to play disc golf, anything beyond that is an extra.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

IMO, keeping it simple and cheap for the first meet would be a better idea. We're meeting to play disc golf, anything beyond that is an extra.

Yeah, I agree with that. I just want to be able to show up and get some rounds in with people. lol

we'll probably end up just getting a list of those who do and don't want and go from there.

we'll probably end up just getting a list of those who do and don't want and go from there.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Jay Dub PM'd me what he would like to see, but so far he's the only one that's been specific. I have had a couple other people just say yes they want a players pack, so I'm going to assume they are fine with whatever, if I'm wrong shoot me a PM.

To be a little more specific about the packs, here a couple cost breakdowns, but keep in mind these aren't exact numbers and that no profit is being made, you pay cost.

Tshirt, Bag Tag, Towel, 2 premium plastic discs = $33.00
Tshirt, Bag Tag, 2 premium plastic discs = $30.00

Tshirt, Bag Tag, Towel, 2 mid grade plastic discs = $27.00
Tshrt, Bag Tag, 2 mid grade plastic discs = $24.00

Keep in mind those are just estimates/examples to give you an idea of what we are looking at as far as prices go. We haven't decided on the models or plastic of the discs or anything so that will obviously affect the prices but at most I think we are looking right around that $33.00 mark.

Smooth, did I miss anything/have anything to add? Give a big thanks to Smoothsailor he's the one taking care of the player's packs for us.

Conflicts with the Michigan Amateur doubles championship. I guess this means I don't have to search for a partner :hfive:

I'll be camping if I can fix the damn tent :wall:

Alright guys, added some information and confirmed members to the first post.

We still need some more input/feedback on the players packs. Do we want to go all out, keep it simple and cheap? Let us know what you would like to see.

definitely simple and cheap

No way would I miss this. I will be there all three days. Thanx to those that are taking time to organize this! I will buy whatever pack is available.

Looks like I am able to make all three days as long as I can get away early enough on that Friday. Not sure about the accommodations at this point. If I decide to camp, I am wondering where the shadiest most level camp sights are located at the Delaware campground.
Put me down for one player pack whatever it turns out to be. Should be a fun time! Props to the organizers of this event.

Looks like I am able to make all three days as long as I can get away early enough on that Friday. Not sure about the accommodations at this point. If I decide to camp, I am wondering where the shadiest most level camp sights are located at the Delaware campground.
Put me down for one player pack whatever it turns out to be. Should be a fun time! Props to the organizers of this event.

I didn't get up there this weekend, but I plan on going up and checking the campground out and seeing what would be the best, most secluded sites for us to get. I think what I'll do at that point is reserve a block of sites for us, unless anyone has objections and wants to book theirs themselves, then that's fine as well. Either way I will post what we should go for and we can go from there.

I do know that only some sites are pet friendly so if anyone plans on bring their pooch just let me know and I'll make sure we get sites in the pet friendly sections.

I'm so excited, this is going to be a great time. I need to update the confirmed members list, but so far we've had between 15-20 confirm :thmbup: and that's in the first week. Only about 5 or 6 of those that have confirmed say they plan on camping so right now we should be able to get away with 2-3 campsites. If anyone hasn't confirmed camping with me, please remember to do so.

Also wanted to mention, and I will add this to the first post, please remember to bring your portable baskets guys. We should be able to set up some nice little holes, and, at the very least, get in a lot of putting practice back at the campground.

Do we know yet which courses will be played which days? I may be able to make it Friday - just wanted to know where to plan on meeting everyone.