• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

Do we know yet which courses will be played which days? I may be able to make it Friday - just wanted to know where to plan on meeting everyone.

It's in the works. we are working on an itinerary now and should know more pretty soon, now that the holiday has passed.

I know that I will be up Gordon Holton/Delaware State Park on Friday to set up camp and will probably play a round there. I won't be working that Friday though so I will probably play a few rounds at a couple of the courses, but Delaware is for certain.

I forgot to mention that I got all the camping information and will be putting that in the first post asap. Looks like we can have up to 6 people and 2 tents on each site, but we might be crowding with that many people. Hopefully I'll get that post updated by tonight or tomorrow morning with full details.

Mad props to roadtripstuff for creating this! :hfive:

For anyone curious as to how to organize a DGCR meet, this is how you do it...

I seriously doubt I'll make this but I'm gonna try!

roadtripstuff, you rock!!! ;)

I learned it from watching you :D.

If you do ever make it out this way, you know you got a place to crash if you need it.

I'm sorry but I'm a little behind on this. Is it okay if we only show up to one of the three days, or is that majorly frowned upon. I can definitely go to Brent Hambrick, probably go to Alum Creek, but I probably can't make Gordon Holton.

I'm sorry but I'm a little behind on this. Is it okay if we only show up to one of the three days, or is that majorly frowned upon. I can definitely go to Brent Hambrick, probably go to Alum Creek, but I probably can't make Gordon Holton.

I'm not the organizer but I would think that's OK. I doubt I'll play all the rounds, it depends what everyone decides to do. That part hasn't be discussed yet in a thread.

That's totally fine. Heck, I'm one of the organizers and i wont be there to play all three days lol.

Yep totally fine. Glad you're gonna be able to make it out.

Alright, I had the first post updated again, with confirmed members and some of the camping information. We still need some more feedback on the player's packs. I have a few people interested but would like to see a few more.

We also need some more prizes donated. Right now myself and ejvogie are the only two people that have committed to any prizes. Discs and any other merchandise is welcome and again it doesn't have to be brand new, just lightly used.

As of now, we have the 16 confirmed members and about 7 others that are half way committed. Hopefully those numbers will rise as we get closer to the date.

I concur that she rocks! :)

Will see if I can make it down for Sat & Sun. Go easy on me though, not sure I can handle another 135 hole weekend!

But that was such an awesome weekend man! :p
Hell I was still so stoked from that weekend I went and shot another 18 the very next day. 153 holes in 3 days ftw!

I concur that she rocks! :)

Thanks guys. Don't forget to give a shout out to Smoothsailor, he had the original idea, I just sorta butted in, lol. Should I mark you down as confirmed?

But that was such an awesome weekend man! :p
Hell I was still so stoked from that weekend I went and shot another 18 the very next day. 153 holes in 3 days ftw!

That was an insane weekend, my arm is still sore. Ahhh we need to do it again.

Last edited:
I have one more peep to add to the confirmed list, but I would like to see more. Come on folks, it's going to be a great time.

Also if anyone else plans on camping, let me know. I'll be reserving sites soon so get your spot now.

I have a few more events to add in the next update, I was thinking maybe survivor golf and a singles round. We still need some more prizes for all of the events so please hit me up with anything you have for that as well.

It's getting closer.

Also if anyone else plans on camping, let me know. I'll be reserving sites soon so get your spot now.

Peeps that have confirmed camping have a * next to their name. Wanted to mention that so you can remind me if I missed you.

Next update I will also mark those that have shown interest in a player's pack, and if you haven't done so, let me know if you want/are interested in purchasing one.

Thanks guys.

sweeeet count me in. i'll be down to do some camping even tho i live in columbus. just got done playing the pickerington course today pretty nifty.

being a Noob as of last month.... Am I invited? Might be able to make it Friday & Saturday...would camp 1 night if I can...

also would buy any players pack upto $35 or so...

sweeeet count me in. i'll be down to do some camping even tho i live in columbus. just got done playing the pickerington course today pretty nifty.

Awesome. Glad you are going to make it out. I live in town as well and I'm still going to camp too. I'll add you to the confirmed list on the next update.

being a Noob as of last month.... Am I invited? Might be able to make it Friday & Saturday...would camp 1 night if I can...

also would buy any players pack upto $35 or so...

You are most definitely invited. Hell you might even pick some tips from some of the better players that are coming out. Just shoot me a message or whatever when you know for sure and I'll add you to the list as well.

I'm getting pretty excited about the meet. I have a couple more events to add to the list and rough draft of an itinerary for the weekend. I'll include all of that in the next update.

Big shout out to Russell, he's the most recent member to throw down some schwag for prizes. Thanks man.

I'll try to get the first post updated tomorrow, but here are a few stats:

18 confirmed members, 8 maybes, 12 interested in players packs (need some more), 7 confirmed campers

Anyone planning on attending remember to let us know about any guests that you may be bringing along. Friends and family are all welcome as long as they are ready to have a great time.