• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Just finished Pendaries (A-Tier) Round 1!
Roan, Wysocki, Castillo, Weldon, and Rovere

check it out and provide some constructive criticism please. This was my first attempt and filming and editing anything, much less disc golf. I feel for those who do this on the regular.

very well done!!!!!

very well done!!!!!

Thank you SO much! I think y'all will noticed a marked improvement in the actual videography from the first round (already posted) to the second round (coming by the end of this wkend).

The one problem I had is that flippin' Feldberg guy running up on the teepad before the last player even gets out of the way to try and take advantage of similar wind reads. Makes it hard to shoot, and I even gave him crap about it. ;)

Round 2 (upcoming): Wysocki, Feldberg, Bradley Williams (Hi, Brad!), Rovere, and Roan.

Thank you SO much! I think y'all will noticed a marked improvement in the actual videography from the first round (already posted) to the second round (coming by the end of this wkend).

The one problem I had is that flippin' Feldberg guy running up on the teepad before the last player even gets out of the way to try and take advantage of similar wind reads. Makes it hard to shoot, and I even gave him crap about it. ;)

Round 2 (upcoming): Wysocki, Feldberg, Bradley Williams (Hi, Brad!), Rovere, and Roan.

I can not wait for the next round. What a gorgeous course (made my wish list), great pool of talent, and well done footage. Maybe I have to try and make it out there some time in the coming years. Great watching on my tv, Thanks!

Pendaries Village Open - Atier ROUND 2
Wysocki
Rovere
B. Williams
Roan
Feldberg

enjoy!

Really wish they would have shown the first round/cumulative scores as well.
Thanks for the tip. Next time I'll try to fit that in!

Not sure that matters in this series of vids since the final round wont be released though.

Nope, sorry. I only got the first three holes :/
60mph winds and it snowing sideways put a damper on things as far as the camera is concerned.

Anyone noticed that snow, rain, hail, and wind are all four-letter words?

-- and propagate their species ... just sayin'

at 27:50 it looks like he steps before releasing the disc. I watched it a few times, pulling an ulibarri heh

Real tough to tell since you can't really slow it down frame by frame, but it looks awfully close.

2gucoib.gif

To me, it looks like he is almost dragging his foot through the grass (the heel mostly) till he is ready to release the disc... very close call for sure.
One question : if his foot is touching the grass (even just the tip of it) but not used as a support point, is it a foot fault?

You be the judge :

I created an animated gif, if the gif is not working, you can see it here : http://hpics.li/c34e086

That's pretty sweet/helpful-- yeah it looks like he may have dragged the heel ever so slightly but didn't have it planted. Very close

edit: kept watching it and I think his heel was down haha. Irrelevant at this point anyways but thx for making that

To me, it looks like he is almost dragging his foot through the grass (the heel mostly) till he is ready to release the disc... very close call for sure.
One question : if his foot is touching the grass (even just the tip of it) but not used as a support point, is it a foot fault?

The grass isn't the playing surface, the ground it is growing out of is the playing surface. A playing surface has to be capable of providing support...no blade or group of blades of grass is going to hold up a human being.

His foot grazing the grass is no different than if your arm grazed a leaf or a branch hanging down in front of your mark. It's just incidental contact.

It's really really close to a fault from what the video shows, but also not conclusive enough to say anything for certain.

at 27:50 it looks like he steps before releasing the disc. I watched it a few times, pulling an ulibarri heh
It's more of a walkthrough putt rather than a jump putt. Joe's a TOP notch putter, and while that might be questionable I'd NEVER even mention it, no matter who the player is.
There's a rules stickler on this card, remember?

Dont think ive ever seen feldberg miss so many putts. Is he using his new putter?

Nope. He is now though. Was just approved 8? days ago, tourney happened 3 weeks ago. I'd also like to add that he had something "miraculous" happen to his hand the night before this, as you can see several times he messes with his hand between the index and middle fingers.
...and no, I'm not trying to be dirty here. Dead serious.

Last edited: