• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Just finished Pendaries (A-Tier) Round 1!
Roan, Wysocki, Castillo, Weldon, and Rovere

check it out and provide some constructive criticism please. This was my first attempt and filming and editing anything, much less disc golf. I feel for those who do this on the regular.

Excellent job Kyle!! Thanks for filming and letting everyone see how sick Pendaries is!

Anyone notice that this thread should be the disc golf network? Sheesh we've gotten good stuff lately -- thank you!

Anyone notice that this thread should be the disc golf network? Sheesh we've gotten good stuff lately -- thank you!

+1 to this. Definitely grateful for each of those video crews out there.

Excellent job Kyle!! Thanks for filming and letting everyone see how sick Pendaries is!

24:30 is a casual play foot fault -- can't foot fault like that in a tournament -- at least be behind the marker not in front of it. Yes - I foot fault, yes I know we've had this discussion a bajillion times, yes I know it's not going to matter and no I don't think I'm superior for pointing it out on a discussion board, and no I don't think Wysocki should've called it, 10 years from he should've called it, not now. -- :).

24:30 is a casual play foot fault -- can't foot fault like that in a tournament -- at least be behind the marker not in front of it. Yes - I foot fault, yes I know we've had this discussion a bajillion times, yes I know it's not going to matter and no I don't think I'm superior for pointing it out on a discussion board, and no I don't think Wysocki should've called it, 10 years from he should've called it, not now. -- :).

Wait...isn't this video from an A-tier, not a casual round? It was a clear foot fault, it should have been called. It's shameful that it wasn't. But that's the way the game works, apparently. Rules mean little.

Yeah shameful indeed. lol. Looks like I definitely missed the mark on that one, definitely not intentional. Thanks for noticing. In my experience playing, most high level MPO players are focused on their own game and not watching every move of their cardmates so things like that tend to get missed, especially on a 1300 ft par 5 where everyone is spread throughout the fairway. If it does get called it is generally near the basket. Is it right, no, but it does happen.

Yeah shameful indeed. lol. Looks like I definitely missed the mark on that one, definitely not intentional. Thanks for noticing. In my experience playing, most high level MPO players are focused on their own game and not watching every move of their cardmates so things like that tend to get missed, especially on a 1300 ft par 5 where everyone is spread throughout the fairway. If it does get called it is generally near the basket. Is it right, no, but it does happen.

To be clear, I in no way was trying to say it was intentional on your part. The shameful part, IMO, isn't the infraction but the fact that of the four other people in the group, none of them saw fit to call it. Being "focused on their own game" is a sad excuse for ignoring the rules. Players are expected watch their groupmates to ensure compliance with the rules, therefore part of their game should be doing just that.

Is your foot fault a huge deal in the grand scheme of things? No. But it is indicative of a general attitude that doesn't help the game at all.

To be clear, I in no way was trying to say it was intentional on your part. The shameful part, IMO, isn't the infraction but the fact that of the four other people in the group, none of them saw fit to call it. Being "focused on their own game" is a sad excuse for ignoring the rules. Players are expected watch their groupmates to ensure compliance with the rules, therefore part of their game should be doing just that.

Is your foot fault a huge deal in the grand scheme of things? No. But it is indicative of a general attitude that doesn't help the game at all.

I didn't call it then and still see no fit to call it. Couple things. There were major wind gusts and that is a 1300 ft hole. Marcos was in a pit area, and we got out of the way to watch future OB's. Not only could we not see it, but it gave him no advantage and I am sure that he wasn't aware of it until you pointed it out. Consider it an inadvertent foul that had no overall effect on the outcome.

I love this course.

Of note: hole 2, Simon's over-the-top was absolutely higher than it was far. There is no way to get to the basket without trying to punch through 150 feet of woods, trying to throw over everything, or pitching to the fairway. Simon barely looked at the straight-ahead or pitch options. He'd gotten caught too far to the right in the previous two rounds, and overcompensated a little bit on his tee shot.

Hole 5; they're not reaching it because it plays in the neighborhood of 460, with a tight tunnel to approach the basket. In 7 rounds of MPO cards I've seen, I've only seen one birdie.

Hole 16: Really fun hole to throw, from about 50 feet above the basket and around 485. Phil's drive didn't miss by more than 3 feet.

Hole 17: All of these guys played it really well. Hole is a slight uphill; Simon's hyzer line is viable, but only if you have about 500 feet of power.

Hole 18: There's about a 4x3 window 60 feet off the pad for Simon's anny line. How it penetrated that far down the fairway, I have no idea.

i lost 18 after he released it. but wow he got close. quite the toss that dude has

I didn't call it then and still see no fit to call it. Couple things. There were major wind gusts and that is a 1300 ft hole. Marcos was in a pit area, and we got out of the way to watch future OB's. Not only could we not see it, but it gave him no advantage and I am sure that he wasn't aware of it until you pointed it out. Consider it an inadvertent foul that had no overall effect on the outcome.

I love this course.

This really isn't the thread to prolong the discussion, so I'll just leave it at I disagree with you 100%. There's no such thing as "gave him no advantage", inadvertent or not. And the wind and length of the hole shouldn't matter. Rules are rules.

This really isn't the thread to prolong the discussion, so I'll just leave it at I disagree with you 100%. There's no such thing as "gave him no advantage", inadvertent or not. And the wind and length of the hole shouldn't matter. Rules are rules.

I don't have a dog in the fight but he said they couldn't see it where they were. Hard to call something you don't see

If it is the wrong thread for this discussion why do you insist on getting in the last word?

You can only call a foot foul if you are able to see it, not the cameraman, but another member of the card. Not very difficult to comprehend.

edit: On a positive note, I am excited to see all the new talent producing disc golf videos, I can't get enough.

Last edited: