• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

The deuce on 11 couldn't have been filmed better. you can even see the finish of the disc as it skips to the basket through the woods. The guy filming the video is the same person that filmed and produced the Clash DVD's. outside of needing a new camera I can't fault the footage at all.

Was it filmed in SD or just encoded horribly? It's almost unwatchably pixelated.

Was it filmed in SD or just encoded horribly? It's almost unwatchably pixelated.
I did have some issue where the original video would load and stream pixilated but when I changed the video settings to the highest quality setting available it was certainly clear enough to watch. I am no video or internet expert so if I can figure out how to get a video to stream clearly it is far from difficult. Also I am fairly picky about watching tournament footage. if the filmer pans to much, losses the disc repeatedly I will not watch it. This video for me had non of these issues.

It does look like that video was encoded at a pretty low bitrate. Its also 360p. I'm guessing the camera is an older digital SD cam.

He should be able to upload something higher quality from a semi-decent camera though. These clips are pretty bad.

Last edited:
I did have some issue where the original video would load and stream pixilated but when I changed the video settings to the highest quality setting available it was certainly clear enough to watch. I am no video or internet expert so if I can figure out how to get a video to stream clearly it is far from difficult. Also I am fairly picky about watching tournament footage. if the filmer pans to much, losses the disc repeatedly I will not watch it. This video for me had non of these issues.

Where is the video of the 3 on 8 and 2 on 11?

Where is the video of the 3 on 8 and 2 on 11?
Round 4 has the second 2 on 11. not sure if he got the 2 on 8. the tee shot of 11 was sick. you lose the disc out of the gap obviously but then you see it skip hard at the end through the woods. he was almost pin high 20ish feet left. the sickest drive I have ever seen on that hole. 2's I have seen were 40-50 footers straight on as they came up short and hit a big putt.
Vid below. skip to 5:23

Round 4 has the second 2 on 11. not sure if he got the 2 on 8. the tee shot of 11 was sick. you lose the disc out of the gap obviously but then you see it skip hard at the end through the woods. he was almost pin high 20ish feet left. the sickest drive I have ever seen on that hole. 2's I have seen were 40-50 footers straight on as they came up short and hit a big putt.
Vid below. skip to 5:23

No words.....

Unless you have played that course you have NO IDEA how insane that is.

I would argue that is one the best shots I have ever seen.

I'd like to see someone (Discraft?) put together an MJ highlight reel. It seems like every tourney video I've seen with him in it, he throws at least one shot that pushes on the word "miracle."

that's two vids in a row where Will has looked super shaky in the putting circle

that's two vids in a row where Will has looked super shaky in the putting circle

True, and he can't stamp Prodigy on his old Aviar because he auctioned it off last year if I recall.

Paul has apparently gone back to his trusty 'step-spin' form and made some really nice putts in that vid.

SmashboxxTV aka TheDiscGolfGuy is providing live coverage of A-tier event "The Rumble" this weekend in the Quad Cities. A solid handful of touring pros (Barsby, Koling, Leviska, McBeth, Olsen, Schusterick, Ulibarri, Wiggins, Cat Allen, Holly Finley) are signed up, playing 3 excellent courses (Camden 2, West Lake and Middle Park). Should be pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5iF8ATTqb0

Event Info
https://www.facebook.com/events/187242918145774/
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16682

CCDG making my day! It's actually raining in California... feeding the need

Marty is doing the Carolina Clash... if nobody did the Masters this year that is going to suck.