• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Brown's cut roller on 4 might have been the best shot I've seen so far.

...of the whole tourny perhaps, certainly the most difficult considering how badly that could have gone.
Do you think he intentionally put enough on it to get all the way to the basket or just enough to get it up and around the mando and the rest was luck?

I can get it to load, but not live. Looks like it's stuck on a 7 minute loop of hole 4.

Paul has scored exactly the same on the first 4 holes all 3 rounds and has a chance to add hole 5 to that.

Last edited:
this stinks. Coverage was good yesterday. Guess the rain is screwing with the feed.

Looks like some of he remote cameras are acting up but at least the stream is back up. I'm sure they'll get it together.

Looks like Nikko was -5 today until he took an 8 on hole 12 after taking an 11 there yesterday. That's rough.

The thing is, if you watch the video it doesn't even look like he's being aggressive. It looks like every other video you see of Paul, placing a few shots and crushing discs along tight lines. During the -14 round he birdied 9 (which he took a 7 on this time), eagled 10 (took a 4 today with another OB drive) and birdied 16 (went OB with his pink Destroyer and made the putt to save par). Those three holes are the difference between the -14 he shot yesterday and the -7 he shot today. I'd bet money that if he had taken a 4 on hole 9 and not a 7 he'd have at least birdied 10 because the weight of the previous hole wouldn't have been as bad.

With that said, McBeth was probably 3 mistakes away from carding another double digit under round and having a 10 stroke lead on the entire field. This tournament is his to throw away, which isn't going to happen. Only one other player has carded -10 or better so far and that was Patrick Brown while McBeast is averaging -10.5. He's on another level right now, even on his bad days.

I agree with what you're saying-yesterday and Thursday had only slight differences. However, my point with the original post is that he is playing much different than everything he's ever done before the final round of the 2013 USDGC (at least on this course).

His scores last year in rounds 1-3 were -5, -5, Even. Taking an average of his scores from 2010, 2012, and 2013, he averaged a 62 (-5). So he basically found that that even a bad day (from him) playing aggressive at Winthrop is better than his average when playing it safe.

btw, 2011 was only performance flight, that's why I didn't include it.

Latest posts