• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

So, what is your opinion on Sandstrom? :popcorn: what a place this can be sometimes... Maybe you need the AA help'

With the probably reasonable assumption that Nikko is leaving Prodigy, and Ricky gone, I wonder if any of the ladies are going to leave as well? I don't even know who to predict in that case. Prodigy has some insanely talented women in their line-up.

With the probably reasonable assumption that Nikko is leaving Prodigy, and Ricky gone, I wonder if any of the ladies are going to leave as well? I don't even know who to predict in that case. Prodigy has some insanely talented women in their line-up.
Maybe, although I doubt it, and doubt it would shake anything up. It's hard to sell discs with a girl's name on it, in a sport that is like 99% male. I know guys that wouldn't buy or throw a Valk because it had Juliana's name on it and therefore was a crappy girly disc. :rolleyes:

Out of the ladies that could potentially leave the team I feel like Catrina Allen is the least likely. She had a killer year last year, winning all those tournaments, as well as world, plus her connection with Paul who is staying with Prodigy. I would not be surprised if Paige was given an offer she couldn't refuse.

With Paige and Alex Geisinger, who is with Prodigy, as good friends, unlikely she would leave this year.

Ricky officially Lat 64

10941215_999591183402901_6655104907816650094_n.jpg

Congrats Ricky!! Nice kid right der. How much you selling those stinky old Prodigy shirts for haha:p

It would be amazing to see him win in his Lat64 debut.

If Nikko announces a departure from Prodigy as well, the redistribution of talent amongst the disc companies will be interesting.

Innova:
McBeth
Climo
Joe Rovere
Nate Sexton
Brinster
Shultz

Lat 64/DD:
Wysocki
Feldberg
McCray
McCabe

Prodigy:
Uli
Shusterick
Colglazier
Koling

Discraft:
Doss
MJ

Legacy:
Rico
Musick

Indie:
Nikko

I mean, that's just a small sampling of their sponsored players, but most if not all of them fall within the top 25 rated players in the world. You could also include Simon on Discmania too, but you might as well count him and Jussi as part of Innova. Either way, it looks like those lead card will have a lot more diversity when it comes to brands represented.

Don't forget Sexton for Innova :thmbup:I would put him right after McBeth in that list. Dude is ready to have another break out season!

not based on the way he played at throw down the mountain. :gross:

I don't understand your comment about the way he played. He finished 4th, played around his rating in 2 of the 3 rounds, and it was the first tournament of the year.

A semi-touring pro spilled some of the beans last night...along with Wysocki, he said he'd heard Nikko, GG and Hokom would be departing Prodigy?!

Given the speculation around Nikko, I could see that.

First I've heard GG and Hokom in the mix though. Who know's?! Only time will tell.

IMO, and it doesn't count for much..."Throw what you love and love what you throw".

I don't understand your comment about the way he played. He finished 4th, played around his rating in 2 of the 3 rounds, and it was the first tournament of the year.

If he wants to have a breakout year, he's going to need to consistently be at or above his rating. He's not going to beat many of the top pros throwing rounds 7, 8 and 23 points below his rating.

I didn't even consider Sarah Hokom leaving Prodigy, but I guess it would make some sense. As a fromer World Champion she has to be at least a little dissapointed with last season. Maybe she's looking to make a change to get her back to her winning ways? I mean, she's still way better than I will ever be so my thoughts don't amount to a hill of beans.

I have no idea about Gurthie. I honestly don't even know who he was with before Prodigy. He's pretty young though, right?

Out of the ladies that could potentially leave the team I feel like Catrina Allen is the least likely. She had a killer year last year, winning all those tournaments, as well as world, plus her connection with Paul who is staying with Prodigy. I would not be surprised if Paige was given an offer she couldn't refuse.

I could actually see Catrina leaving before Paige. I mean Ricky left Prodigy and he had his best year ever last year. Companies with money like Latitude really WANT a world champion or USDGC champion on their roster and are willing to pay up. To my mind, that makes Catrina a prime target for a big offer.

Someone can correct me, but I thought Paige and Will had the biggest ownership stakes in Prodigy. They were like the first big names signed and they had all-Prodigy bags before any of the other pros at Prodigy. Would kind of surprise me if either of those 2 bounced anytime soon.

Wasn't Discmania suppose to have some big news this week?

They added Jenni Eskelinen and Niko Rattya last week who are both doing well in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Avery moved solely to Discmania and another US pro being added. Someone has to tour with Simon now that Avery has a baby!