• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm not gonna wind up the crowd here. I'm guessing nobody was there. Maybe we will find out more later, but so far only one person has spoke. We shall see.

Dude Will you give it a rest? Your bending over backwards to try and find some way to defend JohnE and your coming off like an idiot. I get that your a fan and all but your trying to defend the indefensible and just trying to deflect every time someone makes a valid point

Sounds like he's trying to back pedal now.

We all saw how he handled it, he wasn't calling for a warning.

People behave differently in competition differently than they do outside of it. If Paul did not inform the card and get consent to go take a piss then getting a warning is quite appropriate and JohnE, though he came off badly, was in the right. Not something I personally would have done but I don't live close close-to-the-bone scraping a living together playing disc golf.

I've played casual rounds a number of top Pro in the 40+ age range and they have told some pretty interesting stories of how cut-throat competition is during play.

If he did tell them, then I will have a different opinion. But we don't know for sure, except for what Johne said. As far as I know, nobody in that group has contested it.

Incidentally, was Paul McBeth throwing a champ Monster during the Memorial?

It seems to me that Simon needs a better selection of control discs if he ever wants to stop his OB parade. Seems to do him in more than any other factor.

Yup. He threw it a ton. Its replaced his firebirds because he feels more comfortable throwing backhand hyzer with it. Im curious to know if he's still throwing the PD as well, seems like there might be some overlap there.

Yeah those guys are all pretty brutal when it comes to calling stuff specifically to gain an advantage. Barry Shultz likes to say "you gotta get your strokes somehow"

Haha Barry is one of the guys that told me stories, and others have told me stories about Barry.

Yup. He threw it a ton. Its replaced his firebirds because he feels more comfortable throwing backhand hyzer with it. Im curious to know if he's still throwing the PD as well, seems like there might be some overlap there.

I thought the Monster was a great move. I've always wondered why more pros don't seem to throw it. Fast and OS but low glide. An extremely deliberate disc.

a lot of McCray bashing on here... A lot of people who assume they know the rules.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/competiti...cedures/15-practice-rounds-and-beginning-play

The pdga rules clearly state that if a player is not there at his turn of throwing, a 30 second count down starts. If that 30 seconds is up he is assessed par +4.

Excessive time would not apply in this scenario since Paul was absent entirely. Paul knows better and should have informed the card clearly about what he needed, and he should also have given himself the penalty. As a golfer you are required to uphold the rules on your own behalf as well.

a lot of McCray bashing on here... A lot of people who assume they know the rules.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/competiti...cedures/15-practice-rounds-and-beginning-play

The pdga rules clearly state that if a player is not there at his turn of throwing, a 30 second count down starts. If that 30 seconds is up he is assessed par +4.

Excessive time would not apply in this scenario since Paul was absent entirely. Paul knows better and should have informed the card clearly about what he needed, and he should also have given himself the penalty. As a golfer you are required to uphold the rules on your own behalf as well.

This. Well, the complete opposite of this.

Nope nope nope! That rule only applies to the first hole of a round in a shotgun start. Who doesn't known the rules again?

Also in the PDGA rules you cannot call a violation in yourself, so your wrong about that too!

I would say you do realize that rule pertains to the start of a round, but obviously you don't.

Before you start hating more educate yourself better on the rules.

You understand as well as JohnE

You've been on this site before, right? Brutal is the default setting. That, and JohnE is a moron who acted like a fool, and instead of posting half-assed explanations should learn the rules and work on self-control and competitive spirit.

I'll try...! JohnE is the perfect example of the type of weak-willed and weak-minded individual that uses religion, specifically Christianity, as a crutch to muddle through life without owning any responsibility over their actions.

Rocking a cross the size of Flavor Flav's clock and attempting to portray yourself as a humble sevant of God does not explain or excuse your basic inadequacies or mental frailty, up to and including sportsmanship and fairness in what is only a game.

Like most religious types, JohnE seems to have a persecution complex and a deluded sense of martyrdom, as if the world is only unkind and unfair to him.

lol at drawing that conclusion on someones character based on 1 min video clip of a disc golf tournament. Johne acted like an idiot but this is simply nuts...haha. Im thinking of all the radical assumptions we could make on the rest of the field based on historical antics.

thats really interesting. Not many people bag a monster anymore...I have one for forehand upshots but literally cant think of one other person i know that throws them

Sure managed to pack a whole lot of WRONG into a single post, I commend your packaging skills even if the the contents are completely wrong. :doh::clap:

LOL the last words of the quoted link are "beginning play."

Nope nope nope! That rule only applies to the first hole of a round in a shotgun start. Who doesn't known the rules again?

Also in the PDGA rules you cannot call a violation in yourself, so your wrong about that too!

The PDGA "rules" are only guidelines and don't have to be applied if no one wants too. It's pretty cool like that

Status
Not open for further replies.