• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] 2016 MVP CIRCUIT

asc349

Double Eagle Member
Thought a thread would be appropriate to discuss the 2016 MVP Circuit Events. Experiences, the new Spin putter in Electron, disc and plastic speculations of the driver and mid to be named for the events. Eventual findings of those 3 discs. How you liked the event and how did you play.

They should just call the OS mid the "Cow". So next time someone asks for a beefy mid, you can hand them one...

I like the 'Steer' better, it can be defined multiple ways.

Ox or Oxen is badass too but doesn't fit the current theme of MVP/Axiom

As far as discs, what is usually included for a Circuit event? I've never played one (MVP isn't popular in my area). Is it 2 or 3 discs?

If it's 3, there will be the Spin (putter), do you think they'll have that OS mid and a 23 mm driver?

As far as discs, what is usually included for a Circuit event? I've never played one (MVP isn't popular in my area). Is it 2 or 3 discs?

If it's 3, there will be the Spin (putter), do you think they'll have that OS mid and a 23 mm driver?

Last year it was Relay, Plasma Tangent and Atom. I am guessing this year it will be Spin, "Cow" and whatever the new 16mm disc is...

If all 3 discs were new releases, that would be awesome.

If they do another 16mm, I hope it's closer to a Gazelle. Maybe an Ion in fairway form? One of my dream discs is something along the lines of 6 5 0 1 with true 0 hss but minimal fade. (yes, I know flight numbers are subjective, Aim.)

Something like that would make a great combo for the circuit, straight fairway, OS mid, US putter. Really all the discs you need for a solid round.

This. I'll be curious to see if they go this route, considering last year was only one new mold. At the same time, the only companies that throw three new molds out there for this kind of event are the Trilogy brands, and if you're breaking it down to each company then it's still just one new mold each.

I'd actually prefer to see an MVP/Axiom-branded Circuit to show off both sides of the house and get us two new molds at once.

I agree. I would like the OS mid to come from Axiom since they only have 2 mids on their side. Maybe instead of a worn Tensor, a more OS Tensor.

Anybody that ran one of these last year, how much trouble was it?

If they do another 16mm, I hope it's closer to a Gazelle. Maybe an Ion in fairway form? One of my dream discs is something along the lines of 6 5 0 1 with true 0 hss but minimal fade. (yes, I know flight numbers are subjective, Aim.)

Something like that would make a great combo for the circuit, straight fairway, OS mid, US putter. Really all the discs you need for a solid round.

This, I would love to see an overmold gazelle. Hopefully they would go pretty close to a fresh champ. I would definitely do the circuit.

6,4,0,2 would be excellent.

Anybody that ran one of these last year, how much trouble was it?

You get out of it what you put into it. The toughest part, for me, was gathering the interest far enough in advance so that I didn't have to front the entire disc order. From there, I kept the event on the simpler side of things - just did some upshot games, not the full-blown putter Olympics and driving competition - but threw in a few raffle prizes and some fun trophies.

It was a decent amount of work, but nothing unreasonable. Publicizing it and getting the early sign ups is the toughest part.

This, I would love to see an overmold gazelle. Hopefully they would go pretty close to a fresh champ. I would definitely do the circuit.

6,4,0,2 would be excellent.

6,4,0,2 oh man now i have a new unicorn! this would be awesome. maybe a hard electron version of this to cycle! :clap:

Latest posts