• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 DGPT Tour Championship

To anyone doing the brackets for this, just got this email from DGPT...

1. Thank your for playing.
2. We have done the final update for players that will not be able to make it. The most recent drops are Cale Leiviska, Cam Colglazier and Anthony Barela.
3. You can go back to the bracket to modify your picks.

...here is the previous list of who's playing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Bf9slNGpQw/pubhtml?gid=1537786565&single=true

Is it just me, or does the buzz not seem like it's there for this event? This thread just got started today, haven't seen a ton of other steam on social media. Late season burnout?

Is it just me, or does the buzz not seem like it's there for this event? This thread just got started today, haven't seen a ton of other steam on social media. Late season burnout?

I feel the same way, and it's too bad, because I feel like this is the most interesting format for a tournament, and last years edition was really enjoyable to watch.

I think it's more a product of people not being familiar enough with the format. I think this event will need a few solid years to build some prestige before there will be that buzzz you speak of.

I'm guessing equal parts burn out, overshadowed by the events of the last two weeks (not excluding the release of the new rule book), and it being a brand new event. Yes, they did it last year, but it was immediately after the GMC. Now it's a month since the last DGPT event and it's a course no one really knows. It feels new.

The format of the event is potentially a factor as well. I think it's cool but anything that isn't the norm tends to be viewed with skepticism by some.

There are too many "championships" and too many "tours." Heck, the World Championship took place 4 months ago!

I think it's more a product of people not being familiar enough with the format. I think this event will need a few solid years to build some prestige before there will be that buzzz you speak of.

I was about to post this.

Also, the field not being present on PDGA Tour pre-reg list was far from normal, so I didn't even know at first search who was playing.

I'm guessing equal parts burn out, overshadowed by the events of the last two weeks (not excluding the release of the new rule book), and it being a brand new event. Yes, they did it last year, but it was immediately after the GMC. Now it's a month since the last DGPT event and it's a course no one really knows. It feels new.

The format of the event is potentially a factor as well. I think it's cool but anything that isn't the norm tends to be viewed with skepticism by some.

I was about to post this.

Also, the field not being present on PDGA Tour pre-reg list was far from normal, so I didn't even know at first search who was playing.

These are both really good points. Tougher to get hyped when you don't know the venue or the players (and the distribution of information on both was poor. The amount of combing through the DGPT website we had to do to put together our preview article and podcast was mind-numbing).

Regarding the format: I think it's a ton of fun, but the ball has been relatively dropped on promotion of it imo. The tour was asking for someone to make their bracket last month - that should have been in the works since last year and ready to drop as soon as the last putt from the GMC fell. The lack of multi-card live coverage this year is also disappointing, as it was one of the most exciting to watch last year with the more dramatic implications. Hoping it can return to that in year 3.

Well it looks like I'm gonna be watching DG thru beer goggles today. Just got done watching Eagle's new vlog with an outstanding 240p resolution...:\

Hmm... better go reset my modem and network adapter...

Well it looks like I'm gonna be watching DG thru beer goggles today. Just got done watching Eagle's new vlog with an outstanding 240p resolution...:\

Hmm... better go reset my modem and network adapter...

Well now I got a stable but crappy signal, where before I had a fluctuating good to crappy one...:\

So far so good on the stream. Not 720p or anything, but clear enough and not choppy at all.

Schusterick, so far, sounds pretty good in the color commentary role. Of course, the biggest issue with color guys is when they get repetitive. Too soon for that.

Latest posts