• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Next Generation Disc Golf Top Prize: Car

Also said that the events will not be PDGA sanctioned, which surprised me.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the car could be considered some type of cash payout and would take amateur status away from whoever accepts.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the car could be considered some type of cash payout and would take amateur status away from whoever accepts.

I don't think that the PDGA has a cap to the value of merchandise as prizes given out to ams, just minimums that have to be met for each type of tournament.

Feldberg said that players would be excluded if they have taken cash in a PDGA event OR a southern nationals event so maybe the idea is to expand the idea of what an AM is beyond the PDGA definition.

And also considering the average new car is over 30k, i think i would be ok with taxes, title, tags, ect :)

I think you both buy different cars than I do and would give away a different car than they will. Must be one of them rich yuppies. :)

Non-PDGA? Win a car? Weren't we talking about the same things, this time last year?

A car is just a super sized disc golf carrier able to transport your caddie and/or playing group in addition to their bags of discs.

This seems to fully test the notion that Ams are where the money is. It may drive an interesting change in the sport. Seems like good business.

My thought exactly and it's why I think the non-sanctioning happened. Why have the PDGA control how you allocate $$? I could be wrong and maybe they will sanction in the years to come, but it seems they are going to have their own rating system and what not, so the value add of the PDGA may not be something the players are going to worry about. This is a business venture with growth being a side effect. If there is any way to make real $ off a disc golf tour, an AM tour like this is the way to go.

This thing could really snowball and I could see other brands trying something similar. I'm excited to see how it all works out.

Good for Latitude.

Last edited:
Non-PDGA? Win a car? Weren't we talking about the same things, this time last year?

Who's waiting for the ESPN2 announcement?

(I kid, I kid).

On a different note, won't the majority of AM's take issue with the non-rated rounds?

I have no idea what y'all are referring to, was there some promotion last year in a similar vein?

Don't ask. Just trouble-making trolls who can't let an old issue die. Or at least one, making an inside joke. I'll try to behave.

I have no idea what y'all are referring to, was there some promotion last year in a similar vein?

Go look at the myriad Bradley Williams threads, ProTour positions there of, and Paul McBeth's position.

While I am neutral on this tour, undermining the PDGA and sanctioning is a mistake IMO. I think supporting Ams is great. I think a tour that takes advantage to gather in market share might be long term short sighted.

Every winning am is all about how ams are short changed right up till they go pro.:clap:

A little short of details right now. Will all 117 preliminary events be non-sanctioned, or will it be that they're not necessarily sanctioned?

That, and a lot of questions, I'm sure they'll be answered, we have at least 2 months before the first events.

I admire an ambitious effort, and am more impressed with someone organizing something on this scale than I am with the car.

Maybe Lat has arranged for TDs to get insurance for the courses where the Park Dept requires it?

Maybe Lat has arranged for TDs to get insurance for the courses where the Park Dept requires it?

Someone asked that in chat last night (and then relayed by Terry) and Dave said Latitude was providing insurance and compensation to the TDs involved. he also said that registration will all be done through disc golf scene to give something back to the pdga.