• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

There is even a small possibility of Paul getting too big and being a threat; meaning, for Paul's role to get any bigger means too much money or power to feel comfortable to the current business/political structure at Innova; he may have maxed out his potential.

Interesting. I agree, the more you market "someone's name" the less you market your own brand and that makes them a threat in the long run. Would not surprise me one bit to see not only designing his own course in the near future, but to come out with his own line of discs. Manufactured by Innova, similar to how Discmania does things..... possibly.

Hyyyuge competition when it comes to making beer for the masses. I personally don't see how he can make "real money" in the long run from this, unless you have the pocket$ to market the bajeebas out of the product.

I can see this as a labor of love, a passion that they may not be looking to make "real money" from anyway. I mean, if you think about it, half of America, and most of the world, has no money. We work to get what we need, and have nothing left over. So as long as they are doing what they love, and are making enough to keep the lights on, can enjoy a few cold ones with some friends, and are happy, then they are successful.

No, Latitude 64 manufacturers all Trilogy discs. AFAIK, Legacy only produces for themselves, and slowly, due to the Rico Bros other obligations.

ahh....I thought it started with an "L". lol.. Thanks for the clarification. :thmbup:

Hyyyuge competition when it comes to making beer for the masses. I personally don't see how he can make "real money" in the long run from this, unless you have the pocket$ to market the bajeebas out of the product.

A modern start up's business plan describes building up a product to the point it's bought by a large conglomerate ... which is when the investors profit.

A modern start up's business plan describes building up a product to the point it's bought by a large conglomerate ... which is when the investors profit.

There's quite a few small breweries / tap houses in this neck of the woods that do really well. Some have started relationships with national distributors and made it into nearby states and others appear quite content to keep their product local.

After visiting Oregon this fall I think Bevel will do just fine. Modern startups are not all built around a business plan to sell their company to a competitor. Nor do all of them plan on "making it rich".

I don't know what the Doss' plans are but it sure looks like they really enjoy what they are doing. That's my dream.

There's quite a few small breweries / tap houses in this neck of the woods that do really well. Some have started relationships with national distributors and made it into nearby states and others appear quite content to keep their product local.

After visiting Oregon this fall I think Bevel will do just fine. Modern startups are not all built around a business plan to sell their company to a competitor. Nor do all of them plan on "making it rich".

I don't know what the Doss' plans are but it sure looks like they really enjoy what they are doing. That's my dream.

Exactly. They enjoy brewing beer and they're a well known name in that area. As long as they work hard in they're beer, they'll probably grow as big as they want, or just grow to medium sized and keep making awesome beer. Can't wait to buy some when it's available in Michigan or I get out that way.

The key is where the start up money comes from. If outside investors (venture capitalists) provide the funds, then they'll want to sell the successful start up to reap a big payday. If the money comes from inside investors (friends/family/etc), then the business may not be sold.

I've heard that Nate's family is extremely well off, and if that's where their funding comes from than maybe Bevel will fall into the later category. Or Nate & Val might sell out and start a new brewery -- how does Buzzz Beer sound?

Wait... doesn't the wasp predate the buzzz? I was under the assumption that the wasp was one of the earliest discs for DC.

Wasp was approved by the PDGA a year before the Buzzz (2002 v. 2003). But the Magnet and Cyclone came out in 1993 and the Comet in 1995. So not that early.

Last edited:

Hope things go well for the Doss's. I've always found most micro-brews taste awful. :gross:

Usually filled with odd artificial flavorings. Give me bwiser anytime. Don't need a trendy growler either.