• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Simon just announced a 5-year extension with Discmania via his Instagram account.

Interesting. I hope it's a great deal for him. That said, if I'm Simon, I don't think I sign a five-year deal. He's young, could win a world championship at any time, and disc golf is growing. He could have a lot more bargaining power in, say, one, two, or three years. For guys like McBeth, or especially someone like Sexton, I can see a long term deal making sense.

Hope things go well for the Doss's. I've always found most micro-brews taste awful. :gross:

Usually filled with odd artificial flavorings. Give me bwiser anytime. Don't need a trendy growler either.

Oh my friend, find the place there is HOPINATOR. Yes, HOPINATOR and beer is great:D

Why would you ever sign a 5 year deal in a sport that is still growing and has yet to hit its peak (I hope). He limited his earning potential for sure, unless he was smart enough to add clauses/incentives that grow as the sport grows. Great deal for Discmania though! His sig molds always sell out.

Lol @ Simon winning worlds

Is it really laughable to think the 4th highest rated player in the world might win worlds in the next few years?

Side note: Did anyone else realize Matthew Orum is tied for 6th highest rated in the world?

Is it really laughable to think the 4th highest rated player in the world might win worlds in the next few years?

Side note: Did anyone else realize Matthew Orum is tied for 6th highest rated in the world?

He's always right up there at Worlds. He just doesn't tour quite as much, maybe? I know he's a rarity on Jomez and CCDG, you only see him every couple of months on there.

I want to know how many of the top 100 pros are working FT or PT jobs as well as playing.

Why would you ever sign a 5 year deal in a sport that is still growing and has yet to hit its peak (I hope). He limited his earning potential for sure, unless he was smart enough to add clauses/incentives that grow as the sport grows. Great deal for Discmania though! His sig molds always sell out.

I think it's a great deal for both parties. Simon is the OG Discmania face, he's so fun to watch, and he does a lot more on tour than just play events.

If your playing disc golf to make the most money possible you would be better off in at least 100 other careers.

McBeth just posted a link for a Discraft 'underground' Team Members ITB.

A longer deal provides more security. Security is important to professional athletes. Injuries happen.