• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Memorial Championship in Arizona

This is the 3rd time McBeth has had a 1100+ rated round at the Mcmorial, joining Will Schusterick as the only players to accomplish this feat 3 times.

If you pluck those birdies, gut those birdies, skewer those birdies and roast them to a golden brown.......does it taste like chicken?

Pass me the honey barbecue, please...

Both Terry and Hannah talked about why Henna, Eveliina and Kristin was playing in this event when most top FPO are not. . and they had no good answer. .

But the answer must be quite obvious. . . they are in the US, they can´t go home, so why not play as many tournaments as the possible can?

That is a Charmin Ultra Soft course, but when the wind picks up there it can be a nightmare. This isn't Paul's first rodeo. It's not even a course PB for him, he shot a -17 a few years back that I believe may still be the highest rated round ever. He also got hole 9, which if I'm not mistaken is the hardest hole on the course, it's almost a stroke on the field.

Was Terry filming the card he was on or not?

That is a Charmin Ultra Soft course, but when the wind picks up there it can be a nightmare. This isn't Paul's first rodeo. It's not even a course PB for him, he shot a -17 a few years back that I believe may still be the highest rated round ever. He also got hole 9, which if I'm not mistaken is the hardest hole on the course, it's almost a stroke on the field.

Was Terry filming the card he was on or not?

Didn't realize that Paul was the only player to get hole 9..it's THAT hard…..but he missed the shortest hole…..

Hole 7 was tied for 7th hardest, playing roughly 2.8 average. It's a peninsula green. If you go OB but you're in the circle, good chance you still walk away with par. There are much longer holes that play way easier. I think one hole was like a 2.4 average, those are the ones that will keep you up at night when you don't get them.

Just watched R1 and Paul could have done a -18 . . he missed two inside C1 and one was super short, , , but he made all the long putts. . .but that putt on 18. . he will make that 98 times out of 100

Just watched R1 and Paul could have done a -18 . . he missed two inside C1 and one was super short, , , but he made all the long putts. . .but that putt on 18. . he will make that 98 times out of 100

He definitely wiffed on #18, so should have tied his best score for sure. He made some big putts. Looks like he's starting the season in peak form.

Watching Jomez, I believe McBeth threw a 400' plus laser forehand? What made it more amazing is it looked effortless. I know he's got a great forehand, but he seemed reluctant to throw it last year.

The gallery for lead card at Vista is 1000 people strong. Very cool to see. I remember 20 years ago when the gallery was only people related to the players.

Anyone watch FPO round 2 yet?

Putting!?!?! :sick::sick::sick:

Kristen made me cringe on hole #2.
Evaliina made me cringe the rest of the round.

Granted, was windy, really make things tough, but ain't no blaming Evaliina's game on the wind.

The gallery for lead card at Vista is 1000 people strong. Very cool to see. I remember 20 years ago when the gallery was only people related to the players.
Because of the extremely open nature of the course and how it's laid out around the park, The Memorial could be some of the best exposure the sport has to non-players.

Last edited:

Been watching European FPO for a few years, and I feel putting is where they really lag behind the top US players.

Henna may have the best overall backhand in all of FPO, most of them have way better forehands than most of the US players and their woods games are on point. But putting is alright at best, and Henna's is just absolutely terrible (I think she made her first or 2nd C2 putt of the season in her 5th tournament last year).

Many of the MPO follow a similar pattern (like Seppo) but not as universal or egregious.

Edit: Last season Henna went 0/17, 1/25, 0/17 and 0/22 C2 putting in her first 4 tournaments.

Last edited:

Go watch Evaliina in 2019 and 2020 and she was actually one of the better FPO putters. She's lost her confidence, has the yips and looks defeated. That is no fun. Henna has always struggled with her putt though. I don't like her release, it's clunky and the disc comes out without much spin/power. She's just not getting enough spin and wrist into it, especially as someone who is elite FPO power and has the strength.

Kristen has always been a pretty solid putter and seems to be doing well this season.

Last edited:

Latest posts