• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 Reviewer of the Year

Tyler: Thanks for the kind words. The contests have been a great motivator for me and a boon for the site, it appears.

I hit 19 courses (all new to me) over 5 days on a trip through Louisiana and Mississippi to see relatives. I've got 4 more reviews written; just waiting to post them so that they are spread out and I don't clog the front page. I've also got two other courses I could review (Northside, Philadelphia, Miss.; Archusa Water Park, Quitman, Miss.), but there is an issue. They are in the same location and have the same name as a previous course. In one case, all 18 holes are new. In another case, 17 of 18 are new. I have tried the report an issue button on the course home pages, I have messaged greens directly, and I have posted in course conditions. No response. If someone with more pull than me (that would be anyone, it appears) can help get this fixed, I'd appreciate it.

On the 2024 race front, I was in danger of falling out of the top 25, and I couldn't let that happen. Winning the title is unrealistic, but if I can get to 50, I figure that will probably get me a top-10 finish.

Tyler: Thanks for the kind words. The contests have been a great motivator for me and a boon for the site, it appears.

I hit 19 courses (all new to me) over 5 days on a trip through Louisiana and Mississippi to see relatives. I've got 4 more reviews written; just waiting to post them so that they are spread out and I don't clog the front page. I've also got two other courses I could review (Northside, Philadelphia, Miss.; Archusa Water Park, Quitman, Miss.), but there is an issue. They are in the same location and have the same name as a previous course. In one case, all 18 holes are new. In another case, 17 of 18 are new. I have tried the report an issue button on the course home pages, I have messaged greens directly, and I have posted in course conditions. No response. If someone with more pull than me (that would be anyone, it appears) can help get this fixed, I'd appreciate it.

On the 2024 race front, I was in danger of falling out of the top 25, and I couldn't let that happen. Winning the title is unrealistic, but if I can get to 50, I figure that will probably get me a top-10 finish.
Some of those mississippi courses are hidden gems!

Some of those mississippi courses are hidden gems!
GM: Yes, indeed. Inspiration Point (Clarcko State Park) is awesome! Several other quality courses that are private. And Lake Ellis just over the state line in Chatom, Ala., is a great course kind of in the middle of nowhere.

Redesigned courses or cases where someone added the course that was already uploaded.

I found one of those in Carrollton MO that I was going to play this week before I found out I got to cover one of my employee's who left town on an emergency. I was doing to extinct the one that is 7 years newer. The course has not changed.

Redesigned courses or cases where someone added the course that was already uploaded.

I found one of those in Carrollton MO that I was going to play this week before I found out I got to cover one of my employee's who left town on an emergency. I was doing to extinct the one that is 7 years newer. The course has not changed.
Not sure I understand, but in both of my cases, the courses existed for years. Then they were redone; not just a couple of holes, but an entirely new course with the same name in the same location. However, the disc golf course is COMPLETELY new/different. Cleary these are new courses; the old ones should be RIP'd so that the old reviews and photos don't stay there. Then we can add reviews and photos of the course as it actually exists now. However, no one at dgcoursereview will respond to my requests. Not only has nothing been done, but no one has even responded to me.

@sillybizz doling out the 👎 for that Cane Ridge - Advanced review.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

@sillybizz doling out the 👎 for that Cane Ridge - Advanced review.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I was honest and up front about those reviews, I said thumb down those reviews because they deserved it. Not only did you thumb them down but you reported them too so what else do you want from me ? lol

I was honest and up front about those reviews, I said thumb down those reviews because they deserved it. Not only did you thumb them down but you reported them too so what else do you want from me ? lol

I didn't report them so try again. I certainly thumbed them down though because they were not helpful. I'm pretty sure it used to be that you were supposed to have played a course within the last year though to review it. Not the last decade lol.

I didn't report them so try again. I certainly thumbed them down though because they were not helpful. I'm pretty sure it used to be that you were supposed to have played a course within the last year though to review it. Not the last decade lol.

IIRC it was a suggestion that Tim added but not a requirement, It doesn't show that anymore that I've seen. Lots of things have changed since he sold the place to greens. I know in the old days I had a review that I waited on for like 3-4 years after I played it and Tim messaged me about it because the review was flagged. I responded and he said ok no problem. Like I said though lots have changed and that's not even there when you go to review courses now so as far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. Greens messaged me and said many people are flagging a few of my recent reviews so I had assumed you were one of them since you made the most stink about them so far, my bad.

IIRC it was a suggestion that Tim added but not a requirement, It doesn't show that anymore that I've seen. Lots of things have changed since he sold the place to greens. I know in the old days I had a review that I waited on for like 3-4 years after I played it and Tim messaged me about it because the review was flagged. I responded and he said ok no problem. Like I said though lots have changed and that's not even there when you go to review courses now so as far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. Greens messaged me and said many people are flagging a few of my recent reviews so I had assumed you were one of them since you made the most stink about them so far, my bad.

I didn't report them. I'd tell you if I did lol.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy.

It was fine that you made it clear why you were reviewing them. You didn't have to spam them all at once AND put that reasoning in every one of the other thoughts sections. Did you even look at any photos to jog your memory? Those reviews were trash and you know it. Not helpful at all. Greens should've reassigned them to you until they got a passing grade ;)

It was fine that you made it clear why you were reviewing them. You didn't have to spam them all at once AND put that reasoning in every one of the other thoughts sections. Did you even look at any photos to jog your memory? Those reviews were trash and you know it. Not helpful at all. Greens should've reassigned them to you until they got a passing grade ;)

I agree they should've been spread out 100% and I would've at least looked at some of the photos to attempt to sound like I remembered enough of the course to give a basic passable review.

That being said, I don't think sillybizz is particularly wrong for downvoting that Cane Ridge review. It was short, not very well thought out and didn't really give that much useful information. I personally wouldn't have thumbs downed it just because I'm really trying not to give those out anymore even if they are well deserved but it is definitely a downvote-able looking review.

EDIT: I see that wolfhaley's trying to point out a hypocrisy but regardless, that Cane Ridge review wasn't very helpful.

It was basic but for someone that's been on the site for two weeks and is contributing I'm going to try to encourage them to keep it up. I could swear that Sillybizz has mentioned that same sentiment many times before. Even for some of those horrendous Black Widow copy and pas...um...reviews :sick:

:p

Fair enough, I believe you. I told you already though, I made the assumption and I was wrong.

I'm not sure it's hypocritical, I mean I said many times please downvote my reviews, they deserve it and that you should. I'm actually puzzled as to why a few of them got thumbs up. Always thumb down reviews that aren't helpful and the ones of mine in question, weren't.

I've been over this, like a lot already so again what else do you want from me? I'd rather be honest about what I was doing than try to fake my way through and lie about when I played them and how much I remember about them.

It was basic but for someone that's been on the site for two weeks and is contributing I'm going to try to encourage them to keep it up. I could swear that Sillybizz has mentioned that same sentiment many times before. Even for some of those horrendous Black Widow copy and pas...um...reviews :sick:

:p

When it comes to interacting with new reviewers/users in the forums, yes. I usually down vote their review, send them a message welcoming them to the site, and an explanation as to why I downvoted their review and how to get my thumbs up for their next review.

I don't want nothing from you lol. I was just giving you shit in the first place homeslice. See ya in a month. Bring plenty of Hatchets and your mountaineering gear.

wisconsin GIF

I'm going to sleep now. I'm sick and need to bag at least four courses tomorrow. Three days left in Oregon.