• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 Reviewer of the Year

Number of Hatchets thrown into bodies of water: 5
Number of Hatchets thrown off of cliffs never to be seen again: 1
Number of braincells I will kill at DGCR meetup MN:
kelly aucoin showtime GIF by Billions

Looks like two were pulled - the rest can still be read.

I'm not sure that's a precedent we'd want to start - it's 8 reviews, which is a lot for the average reviewer on this site but even without them, bizz would still be in a comfortable 3rd.

From a spamming the front page standpoint, if that was actionable then Johnsondere's 5th place last year should be wiped first.

You guys take this chit way too seriously lol

:ROFLMAO:

Most of those reviews have been pulled by Greens anyway.
Well.............

Write actual reviews of what you can remember. I know you write some good reviews of courses that I have read. I didn't down vote, because I rarely downvote anyone. But I was a little disappointed in those reviews.

Now let me get back to writing, @wolfhaley keeps writing reviews and is hard to keep up with.

Looks like no trip this week and next week is up in the air. My day shift manager went to take care of his dad after an accident yesterday. No clue when he will be back. So back to open to close 7 days a week till he comes back. Might give me a chance to at least write reviews of all the courses I have played this year. I have only reviewed about 1/2 of them so far.

I thought it was a fun way to motive myself and others to play more disc golf and review more courses. If people look at this as the world series of disc golf review writing or something then please take me out of the running because I'm not trying to be competitive about this lol. I'll make it easy for you @Tyler V just stop mentioning me in the updates, simple because I don't care and it seems others do so let them have this.

You guys take this chit way too seriously lol
I'm just counting reviews - I don't want this to be something that ends up with rules beyond "count reviews between January 1 and December 31 of a given year". I found it annoying but not for the sake of Reviewer of the Year.

As for the reviews, while UDisc is more widely known among newer players, this site still consistently comes up on facebook pages and reddit (I know) as a place that has more detailed and better information than UDisc. Having a Diamond reviewer spamming completely useless reviews for courses they played up to a decade ago, including for a now-extinct course, doesn't help that reputation.

It caused a big stink because you're better than that. If it was some non TR that did that everyone would have moved on instantly.

Last edited:
I've been over this, why can't you guys let it go? lol it's not that serious. I'm unapologetic about those reviews. I was upfront about them being bad, told everyone to thumbs them down, and was honest about why I was writing them. The response was I needed to fake my way through and lie about when I played them and what I remembered. Homie don't play that. I don't write reviews for Tyler V, or WolfHaley, or Greens, or Timg or for fame and atta boys. I write them because I want to write them. I'm certainly not caring what the review police think. You disagree? Thumbs down, report (which many of you have done) and move on. Not sure what you think telling me that you're upset over and over about my reviews is gonna do. I agree they are shit, some got took down. I'm fine with it lol. Take me out of the running of review master of the year or whatever, again don't care.

If it was some non TR that did that everyone would have moved on instantly.

Then take my diamond status away, lol. I never wrote reviews to be a trusted reviewer, it's nice but take that away too, I don't care much about that either lol

It's mute, I don't think anyone is really that upset about it. Mostly it's about giving you a hard time. Sarcasm does not translate well in writing.

Like you said in your original post, "downvote me if you want" I just didn't bother reading any of them.

But then I don't read reviews others have done very often. I usually only read reviews of courses I have already played to see what others thought.

I admit that most of my review I am trying to tell my thoughts on the course and a description of what the course is for those that might be interested. Specially on courses that don't get much play.

Like I have posted before, I play/review the bad courses so you don't have to.

Pizza God right, I think my messages come off as far angrier than they need to, because it really is more about just giving you a hard time for them than anything else. The whole situation is dumb and we should move on. Sorry for my part in that.

Personally, I think discounting the reviews green pulled is a fair way to judge things for anyone that cares. If it's bad enough to get pulled, it gets discounted - a reasonable and incredibly low bar, lol.

For anyone that wants punishment for sillybizz, I think punishment should be the most annoying thing possible for sillybizz, so your official punishment is to still be in the race for Reviewer of the Year.

Case closed, let's move on.

Last edited:
Love you too, buddy. You're one of my favorite Bjork super fans.

We have a century mark in 2024. Wolfhaley has his second straight year of 100+ reviews, the 27th overall time the mark has been hit. Wolf is the 7th person to do it more than once, joining Sir Valkyrie Kid, mashnut, harr0410, Mr. Frosty, Shadrach3, and wellsbranch250. We will continue the streak of at least one reviewer hitting 100 reviews that goes back to 2008.

Also, it's mid-June.

My June reviewing spree is over. I've posted everything I have at this point and won't have anything new until next month. I posted 18 reviews in June, bringing my 2024 total to 30, good for 7th place right now. I am one behind discgolfcraig in 6th place and two behind espressopatronum in 5th place. Hanging onto a spot in the top 10 at year's end will be a challenge, but that is my goal.

My June reviewing spree is over. I've posted everything I have at this point and won't have anything new until next month. I posted 18 reviews in June, bringing my 2024 total to 30, good for 7th place right now. I am one behind discgolfcraig in 6th place and two behind espressopatronum in 5th place. Hanging onto a spot in the top 10 at year's end will be a challenge, but that is my goal.
That's still an impressive pace! I'm always so impressed by those who consistently pump out new reviews. My motivation to play new courses/review them definitely comes in spurts. Although the lists from the pasts two years have helped push me a little bit more to play the courses I have spent years planning to play "one of these days".

Last edited:
I just do not get the desire to bag so many courses. I need to play a course several times to get anywhere near my best score on it. If I have no comparison then I am unsure if I am playing well or not. I love the feel of seeing a personal best. A truly good course deserves multiple plays to understand the possibilities.