• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

21 Hole Salute, Charlotte, NC - 7/13 - 7/14 - $5k Throwoff

Script

Eagle Member
Mark your calenders!!!!

The 2nd Annual 21 Hole Salute, presented by Alpine Ski Center, is back. Last year this tournament was a huge success and this year, we are doing everything we can to make it better.

Included in entry, we will have a $5000 hole in one throwoff attempt at around 250ft!!! Not too shabby eh?!

Just like last year, we are gonna have the most fun side game available to play in. BEAT THE MAN!

This is a 2 day PDGA C-tier event. 3 rounds of 21 holes at RL Smith Park in Charlotte. 2 Rounds Saturday, 1 Round and Final 9 Sunday. Registration will open on DGU and I will bump this thread when it begins.

Don't let "C-tier" fool you. By us making it a C-tier, the money we save goes right back to the players. We already have buzz from states as far away as Indiana! Also, the field will be MAXED at 84. No if's and's or butt's. We believe foursomes leave the best tournament experiences.

We try to make this the most fun event around, so come soak in the sun and play Charlotte's highest rated course!

www.21HoleSalute.com

Can't wait to be beat down in the mid summer heat at RL! When does registration open? I'd suggest getting the website updated too to help with building publicity.

Can't wait to be beat down in the mid summer heat at RL! When does registration open? I'd suggest getting the website updated too to help with building publicity.

Good suggestions.

I wanted to make sure we had the $5000 throwoff secured before I started advertising things, so I'm a bit behind schedule. I hope to get registration open on April 26th. I will make sure to give everyone a week in advance to know when registration will open.

As far as the website, I am on that. I just secured the domain name as it was about to run out, so we will be in full swing!

I LOVED RL Smith. I didn't realize it's the newest highest rated course in Charlotte. Maybe I'll bring the wife and pup down from Michigan for this! Sounds awesome :D

I LOVED RL Smith. I didn't realize it's the newest highest rated course in Charlotte. Maybe I'll bring the wife and pup down from Michigan for this! Sounds awesome :D

It is awesome :thmbup: We would love to have Michigan representing!

This is just a friendly bump to remind everyone that registration starts up on friday at noon. One of these years, I have a feeling that we will fill within a few days of opening registration and we're hoping that this is the year.

Holes 19 and 20 will remain the same. Hole 21 will be a little different, but still pretty sweet. We have a few good hole sponsors that I can be proud to announce soon. Things are moving and the tournament is in full focus!

7 people registered in 3 hours. MAKE SURE YOU GET IN!

Thanks to all for the early registrations. It makes it SO much easier to get more sponsors and more prizes when you can show sponsors how popular it is!

bttt

We have 14 players registered and ready to go. A flyer is in the works and I hope to get that distributed everywhere shortly. You MUST register online to be guaranteed a throw off for the $$$. If you register the day of, you will be entered in a lottery for the remaining throws.

We have 5 hole sponsors so far, so things are still progressing. If you are interested in sponsoring a hole, or know someone that is, please let me know.

Go out and enjoy this weather!

Bump.

I want to make sure this event fills. I have talked to A LOT of players who say "I'm gonna play, but I'll sign up later". If you really like this tournament, please do us TDs a favor and register early!

Some cool behind the scenes stuff is going on too!

Alright players, got a couple more hole sponsors that came in. The player's party is in the works and another big sponsor is being worked on! Sign up now!

YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE IN ORDER TO BE GUARANTEED A THROW FOR $5k. IF YOU REGISTER ON SITE, YOU WILL BE IN A LOTTERY FOR THE REMAINING THROWS.

What is cool about that statement? Spectators and volunteers will be entered for a $5k throw! If you are a spectator, make sure you show up on Sunday BEFORE the pro final 9. If you watch the final 9, your name will be entered for a random drawing of throws.

Attachments

• Flyer_21HoleSalute_2013.jpg
    Flyer_21HoleSalute_2013.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 19
Tim Selinske Champ, Brian Schweberger, has signed up. How fun will it be watching him try and beat the man?!