• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 set DG Majors

You had me until you suggested that the players vote. Maybe a committee or players union could have a say, but in no way should currently touring pros be the sole dictators of the direction of the tour, that way lies madness. All interests (governing body, media, fans, etc.) should be at the table.
It's just a final vote on host site candidates already vetted by the PDGA. Are you saying that selecting any of the better NT or DGPT caliber events would be a mistake as a 4th or 5th option?

It's just a final vote on host site candidates already vetted by the PDGA. Are you saying that selecting any of the better NT or DGPT caliber events would be a mistake as a 4th or 5th option?

Ah gotcha, that makes sense to me, but I still think it needs to be standardized. I'm not with the floating year-to-year events. I don't think we're in a situation currently that lends enough quality bids to make that a reality.

If everybody is at the table for the standardization period (or, compromise- every 10 years or if an event folds we re-examine the standard) then I think it's a good way to go about it.

Ah gotcha, that makes sense to me, but I still think it needs to be standardized. I'm not with the floating year-to-year events. I don't think we're in a situation currently that lends enough quality bids to make that a reality.

If everybody is at the table for the standardization period (or, compromise- every 10 years or if an event folds we re-examine the standard) then I think it's a good way to go about it.
I'm saying my approach provides stability to the number of Slam events each year as the "best" 5 for that moment in history and into the future regardless of the changing fortunes of specific events. Only Worlds can realistically be counted on assuming the sport itself survives.

Latest posts