• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Disc this year?

I hit submit before I was done, I'd like to see a fairway driver that'd compete with all the other major ones out now. I like the Cyclone, but I'd like to see a smaller diameter one myself.

Now that I've thrown the S-EX more, it has a good chance of being my fairway driver at some point.

JR said:
Lamp have you beaten in a D Zone? That may work as the Zone SS.

Only thrown ESP Zones so far, but I should look into picking a D Zone now that you mentioned that. Sounds like something I should try.

Sean40474 said:
I hit submit before I was done, I'd like to see a fairway driver that'd compete with all the other major ones out now. I like the Cyclone, but I'd like to see a smaller diameter one myself.

have you thrown a stalker? because..... its like.... good.

I think stalkers are pretty average if not below. No glide, inconsistent, can throw a mid just as far. They are like a mid in driver form that don't have the form needed to throw a mid.

ESP Cyclones are soooo $$$.

I haven't tried the XL yet but I have 1 i've been meaning to put in the bag. I still use my green 1st run ESP Cyclone that I got when they released them in that plastic a few years ago, though. Super versatile disc.

rusch_bag said:
I think stalkers are pretty average if not below. No glide, inconsistent, can throw a mid just as far. They are like a mid in driver form that don't have the form needed to throw a mid.
I find none of these points to be true...

I say an understable, low profile putt/approach disc. Which I want credit for being the first to say, as I started this same thread on DGCR a month ago. :lol:

Thats what I think it will be, however I would love to see a new GT disc.

rusch_bag said:

I agree 100%. I also think that the ESP cyclone is one of the worst examples of consistency in recent Discraft history...It could be anything from midrange slow and straight like a slightly faster beat Roc, or it could be a much faster and overstable disc. They've only ran them a few times as well. I think the XL is a good and proven mold that works well across all their plastics. It is a very straight disc, so I think they really need something to compliment that...Something that would hold a turn easy and glide, but have a decent fade at the end as well. Kind of like the River I've been throwing...

rusch_bag said:
agreed. partially the reason i dropped stalkers after switching to buzzz's. my buzzz's were going the same distance as them. to make the stalker go far,they definitely needed height. so yes,they did lack glide. and inconsistancies were definitely there. i had proto z's,glows,and regular z's. the regular z's were all over the place. i had some flippy,some stable,some beefy. glows were the most consistant but still ,none the less, lacked a few things.

discspeed said:
rusch_bag said:

I agree 100%. I also think that the ESP cyclone is one of the worst examples of consistency in recent Discraft history...It could be anything from midrange slow and straight like a slightly faster beat Roc, or it could be a much faster and overstable disc. They've only ran them a few times as well. I think the XL is a good and proven mold that works well across all their plastics. It is a very straight disc, so I think they really need something to compliment that...Something that would hold a turn easy and glide, but have a decent fade at the end as well. Kind of like the River I've been throwing...

I must have bought one of the magic ones... started off with a notch of LSS and a pretty healthy fade and beat into working all kinds of delicious turnover, h-flip and flex lines

Peot said:
discspeed said:
rusch_bag said:

I must have bought one of the magic ones... started off with a notch of LSS and a pretty healthy fade and beat into working all kinds of delicious turnover, h-flip and flex lines
same, all this cyclone talk is making me consider putting it back in the bag. they need to do a run of good pro d ones.

Is it possible they are going to give the Teebird/PD ish disc one more try? Some folks would say that they acheived that w the talon or stalker or something?

I think people feel that the stalker fits that spot, I think there are a lot of mixed emotions on that disc though.