• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aero - 6 glide?!

The Aero is going OOP? Isn't it THE mold? The first beveled edge? Why would they do that?

I too threw my gummy champ in the bag for a round on a whim for C2 length putts/runs at the basket and was pleasantly surprised.
It doubled my putting range by 2!
I'm talking 60' with a 7'-8' ceiling. Runs that I had no business at before.
I honestly felt like I activated cheat codes!

Yes, exactly, cheat codes, that is the best way to describe it. And when the wind allows, I'll throw the 150 class & it just feels effortless to throw the Aero. As a 50+ year old, I will take all the help I can get.

It would be great if someone at the factory decided a 40 year anniversary run would be appropriate in the next 5 years....
I don't know if I can wait another 5 years for more runs though!

It would be great if someone at the factory decided a 40 year anniversary run would be appropriate in the next 5 years....
I don't know if I can wait another 5 years for more runs though!

It needs the eagle stamp, for the Anniversary disc, with large patent number included.

But, I'd have to buy 10. Please don't do this to my wallet.

Last edited:
The Aero is going OOP? Isn't it THE mold? The first beveled edge? Why would they do that?
FUN FACT: It went OOP once before. The original mold wore out and was retooled into the Phenix in '88. The Phenix has the old Aero tooling because of this. The mold was re-created in '95 or '96; when it first was released it was sold as the "Classic" Aero and was part of a group of discs (Classic Aero, Classic Roc, Classic Cobra and Classic Hammer) that were re-introduced in the mid-90's after having been OOP. The "Classic" was needed for the other discs since there was a Roc, Cobra and Hammer in production at the time, but it was superfluous on the Aero since the name had not been recycled onto a new disc.

Your first hint that you have a re-created mold? It says "Rancho Cucamonga" on it. Innova didn't move to Rancho Cucamonga until the mid 90's.

At any rate, the Aero was OOP from '89ish to '95ish.

Aeros are so cool. Yesterday I was throwing some in an open field & just watching them hang there in the air for a really long time. Wow! Had a Mako & a Nova to throw in comparison (for distance sake, not glide) but the Mako just looked like a lame duck next to the Aero (the Nova had pretty decent glide in comparison).

Most probably know this but a Rubber Putter is a Aero with a bead if one wants an easier to get disc. I am not sure if the Rubber putter is smaller diameter or the ROC/Wasp size.

Most probably know this but a Rubber Putter is a Aero with a bead if one wants an easier to get disc. I am not sure if the Rubber putter is smaller diameter or the ROC/Wasp size.

The Dart is a smaller diameter Aero.
The Habit from Plastic Addicts is almost a true Aero clone in premium plastic. Maybe slightly deeper but flies damn near identical.
Both are in full production and pretty easy to get your hands on.

Rubber Putter is not a bad suggestion, the bead just really throws it away from those other suggestion based on feel alone.
Just my opinion, ymmv

The Dart is a smaller diameter Aero.
The Habit from Plastic Addicts is almost a true Aero clone in premium plastic. Maybe slightly deeper but flies damn near identical.

Both are in full production and pretty easy to get your hands on.

Rubber Putter is not a bad suggestion, the bead just really throws it away from those other suggestion based on feel alone.
Just my opinion, ymmv

Yeah Dart Forgot about that one, it is what replaced the modern Areo in Production from Innova. :thmbup:

Habit is a much deeper Areo like a Rubber Putter without a bead or an old Areo before the old mold was made oop in the 1980's.

I never noticed a problem with the Rubber Putter and I found it more usable then an Areo (Tried a friends one when newer once) for a disc as it is a more stable neutral putter that I used for my first year of play and mine was used. My dad has a Rubber Putter in newer plastic for an approach disc. I say if one loves the way a Comet flies Like my Mom then the Rubber Putter is the putter version of that disc. Mom has a old plastic Rubber Putter for some longer putting stuff that she could not do with her Classic Aviar putter.

Want an true OS Areo? The closest I have found (just me) the more domed Shark (domed like a Dart/Areo) is such a mold that flies like a fast putter/hybrid putter mold like the Areo in terms of glide, just get the DX or beat in a tad the other plastic if one is going to be using the mold in the place of an approach putter, just get 176 grams or lower as the heavy weight Shark with any dome is flying like a slower midrange. The lower domed Shark is more a midrange disc like the Shark 3 unless at least under 168 grams. I think that in the three plastics the Shark currently comes in the mold can be found as a domed disc.

PIAS find....

Attachments

• IMG_20190925_111429.jpg
    IMG_20190925_111429.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20190925_111757.jpg
    IMG_20190925_111757.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 29