• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

trying to throw forehand roller using a thumber grip with a FAF OS firechicken is doable but tricky.

if you throw it too hard with wrong angle it turns into an instant thumber.

but it's an easy shot forehand or thumber grip when done with low power to get that short roller you want to bend right or left.

super useful shot though to get out of trouble, in the woods, around stuff, or even to get through a mando of a shanked drive.

Just got a lightly used sexton firebird, I've been comparing it to a jolly launcher, and a g*. I forehand a firebird 90% of the time I throw one. The sexton is really nice for medium range flex and skip shots. Skips much better for me than my other 2, it seems like it flexes just the right amount in impact to pop up and get around stuff.

That said, for just a hard, flat, straight shot, the g* does it for me. It's the definition of a frozen rope, tunnel driver for me. Hits and generally sits, or slides up a little.

G* and sexton are a great combo for me.

lol

Says the guy who thinks 1 oclock is a 'slight anny'.

If you wanna be rude, we can play that game.

1 Oclock is a anny if you forget about Bh And Over hand. Fh grip a 1 0clock release angle will be.... Slight Anny... do u even play guy? I Troll with the best neeewbie

Stupid Leftie noob...

So the new Sexton FBs are junk. Anyone like the new run?

I dont personally bag one of the new sextons. But i have thrown both runs. Too me these are great FireChickenz. They remind me of the slightly beat 09 trny stamp champ i bag. Extra glide subtle but still evident LSS. If i lose my wrkhorse bird i know where to look. Not quite a FAF meat hook and more meat thab say a Early Brinster T bird

The G* Firebirds are like that as well ... better glide than champs, still has a big dumpy fade. It's pretty decent for being g*

How is the rim on G* holding up? Like most i throw alot of Spike hyzers with them. My local course is notorious for rocks and sharp flint.

I was never a fan of any G* except a Freakish Os Wr in G*

How is the rim on G* holding up? Like most i throw alot of Spike hyzers with them. My local course is notorious for rocks and sharp flint.

I was never a fan of any G* except a Freakish Os Wr in G*

Mine is holding up ok after over a year. Quite a few scuffs and a small cut or two. It is approaching overstable Teebird territory. That kind of hss, but still a hard fade at the end when thrown backhand. Forehand, it has a tiny bit of turn and more glide than my very beat Champ Fb. Back to the original question, I don't throw this on spikes to preserve the disc a bit, so I cannot speak to the G* holding up to throws like that.

I like this mold in this plastic so much I am considering getting another one, even though I don't really need one b/c my beat Champ is getting to a place where my G* was when brand new. It is a great compliment to typical slight domed Champ Fb's for those that want one, and is really not that gummy, even in 90+ degree Georgia heat. I would recommend any Fb fan at least trying one of these.

Last edited:
^^this. I've been throwing mine about six months. It has a couple dings, but considering how many trees and rocks it's hit at full speed, it's holding up well. Mine is FLAT, and the flight plate is gummy but not too soft, the rim is pretty firm, but has good flex. Turns just a hair on a forehand for me, which is nice. On a very very slight hyzer, like 1 degree, it just goes hard straight. I'm a big fan of the g* firebird.

Anyone who bought those FAF luster from disc golf values and NOT like them? PM me and I will give them a good home.

I am in love with the two I purchased!

I got a G* at GGGT about two years ago and though it's never been my main bird, it still looks great after all this time.

Feel pretty good and though it's not my most OS one it's still pretty stable.

Latest posts