• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

New run is not as soft as gstar. NIce and grippy but firm. All of my new runs have a lot more dome though. Enough to put the star back in my bag and make my money back on the sexton lol.

s-l225.jpg

I've seen a few of these for sale lately. It seems they were a limited run. Any more intel on these? are they FAF? does this mean innova has the capability to mold these flat & just produces teases to charge more?

^they were a limited DGU (innova east) release. they usually re-release batches like that, but its hard to find them.

http://dgustore.com/index.php/xxl-flat-top-champion-firebird.html

aww man, now I want one... just not willing to pay the price I'm finding them at.

back in stock at DGU... act fast!:

http://dgustore.com/index.php/xxl-flat-top-champion-firebird.html

New run is not as soft as gstar. NIce and grippy but firm. All of my new runs have a lot more dome though. Enough to put the star back in my bag and make my money back on the sexton lol.

Ordered two new sextons

Very firm and flat.

I was shopping for a leopard3 to beat into a roller and happened upon a pinky purple, flat top, champ firebird max weight. It is now in the reserve crate. I need to destroy discs more quickly so I can use this new plastic. I may have a problem.:|.

How does a flat top firebird compare to a flattop XXX or other really overstable disc also with a flattened top, like a Stiletto? I Trying to get the most overstable disc possible high speed and over stable too if need be.

So far I've got a flat top firebird (could maybe a tiny bit more flat) that seems to be a little bit more OS than my stock 175.5 opto Stiletto, but pretty similar. I've read in an XXX threat that opto flat tops are incredible over stable which wouldn't surprise me as normal XXX is more OS than normal firebird and they are very similar discs.

I was thinking of doing something like this to already very OS molds that aren't flat topped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3xjFSJwU8

Last edited:
If you need that overstable, I might recommend:

boomerang.jpg

The most OS disc I've thrown is probably an X1, but seeing as I can't throw 600' a lot of those stupid beefy discs are nearly the same to me.

If you want the neediest discs put there try a Evo Spirit with a flat top. It makes the Firebird look like a Teebird.

So the only firebird I have ever had has been an 11x. I just ordered a flat top firebird and a sexton firebird and will be putting them to the test against my Predators, Felons, and XXXs. I will report back with a comparative review.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I found a beat-up tiedye Champ Firebird at Goodwill last winter, obviously a dog disc due to the chomp marks all over it, but has become a staple in my bag. I can rip it into wind, or use it for shots where OB is a consideration if I go too long. I have a local course where it gets the drive on 3 of the holes, and it performs like a champ. As 2 of the shots are water shots, I know I will lose it someday, but it has lasted much longer than other discs on these holes because of its reliability. Great old disc.

How does a flat top firebird compare to a flattop XXX or other really overstable disc also with a flattened top, like a Stiletto? I Trying to get the most overstable disc possible high speed and over stable too if need be.

So far I've got a flat top firebird (could maybe a tiny bit more flat) that seems to be a little bit more OS than my stock 175.5 opto Stiletto, but pretty similar. I've read in an XXX threat that opto flat tops are incredible over stable which wouldn't surprise me as normal XXX is more OS than normal firebird and they are very similar discs.

I was thinking of doing something like this to already very OS molds that aren't flat topped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3xjFSJwU8

X1,H1, and the gateway spirit are the discs you want,unless you can find a genuine FAF run firebird. I'd start with the H1 first if I were you

Evo Spirit with a flat top

I see a lot of consensus on this:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-119309.html

The Spirit seems like the one, particularly with a flat top. Another one was the first run Rask, and maybe followed by H1; but not sure if those have as much they can gain from flat top processing, and it's probably hard to track down original rasks, plus the Kastaplast plastic isn't truely premium from what I understand.

Anyone tried fluid Felons? I have a FAF fluid Felon that is as OS as a beefy xXx. It's not great for skips in fluid but it's a tough windfighter and a total meat hooker.

Are these consistently flat as fx in fluid?

I see a lot of consensus on this:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-119309.html

The Spirit seems like the one, particularly with a flat top. Another one was the first run Rask, and maybe followed by H1; but not sure if those have as much they can gain from flat top processing, and it's probably hard to track down original rasks, plus the Kastaplast plastic isn't truely premium from what I understand.

First run Rasks are Beef! Their plastic is great but like anything you have to know the types.

K1- pretty much like Opto grippy durable and amazing

K2- Star ish

K3- BT Medium like

Just spent some time reading through this thread. I'm a bit of a Firechicken noob, having thrown just 2 12x discs, both 175. One from Amazon in fall 2015, the other from Marshall Street this spring.

The best fb is in Z plastic with the word "Predator" stamped across it

I never understood this. I love the Predator, but it's such a different disc for me. Sure I throw both for forehands and overhands, but I think the Pred has tons more glide and the Firebird wins the skip battle.

Get a flat 12x champion firebird (the stock run out right now) in max weight. You should have no problem tracking one down.

My two 12x champs were not FAF as far as I can tell. They seem adequately "Firebird-ish" to me. And it's so nice that I didn't need to buy a collector disc.

The dome is very minimal, side by side you can tell which one is the 12x, but it is a cheaper alternative to an 11x and a fantastic disc. They are flat in my opinion, I have 8-10 of them and they are all flat, not AS flat, but definitely flat.

Obviously a 12x is a 12x, not an 11x :wall: The point is the early 12x are an early run CLOSER to an 11x, unlike the crappy ones in the stores now.

I'm curious if I've been throwing the crappy ones and still loving them? Maybe I'm easy to please and maybe that's ok.

The new runs off the Sexton birds are more stiff and more champion like than the first runs. They are slightly more OS than the first runs. Mild (almost flat) dome same as the first.

Like any Firebird aficionado, I'm tempted to try these. Sounds like I can plan on more beef than my plain ol' 12x. Workable beef? Worth the increased price tag and possible irreplaceability?

More flat top luster firebirds in-stock on DGValues - FAF, OS, malleable plastic. Stocked up on four originally and dont need anymore! Go get 'em!

More flat top luster firebirds in-stock on DGValues - FAF, OS, malleable plastic. Stocked up on four originally and dont need anymore! Go get 'em!

So how overstable are these?

If anyone has experience with true FAF champs/glow champs, please compare them to the flat top lusters and the regular flat tops that are being released as cfr now.

Not that I really need anything more than a regular champ, but I am just so damn curious about firebirds for some reason.

Latest posts