• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

I snagged an 11x Champ Firebird yesterday at the local PIAS? How much are these going for now? I don't want to start throwing it if its gonna be a fortune to replace

Depends on weight, color, and condition. Might also depend on if it is opaque or clear.

Depends on weight, color, and condition. Might also depend on if it is opaque or clear.

FAF...Stamp is wiped, fairly clear yellow...prob 6 or 7/10 sleepy scale. I more just want to know if it's gonna be a hassle to track down cheap a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 53
FAF...Stamp is wiped, fairly clear yellow...prob 6 or 7/10 sleepy scale. I more just want to know if it's gonna be a hassle to track down cheap a replacement.

It's tough to find good ones from that Era for less than $30. You're probably better off selling and buying 2 new ones unless you play courses where you won't lose it in the drink or something.

That condition and color is probably worth around $20. It will be a little bit of a hassle to find replacements but if all you want are 6-7/10 ugly colored 11Xs then those are out there.

My advice is to throw it.

It's tough to find good ones from that Era for less than $30. You're probably better off selling and buying 2 new ones unless you play courses where you won't lose it in the drink or something.

That condition and color is probably worth around $20. It will be a little bit of a hassle to find replacements but if all you want are 6-7/10 ugly colored 11Xs then those are out there.

My advice is to throw it.

Thanks guys... I'm gonna have it in the bag for an Ice Bowl tomorrow though I'm more inclined to sell it if they are harder to track down

local store find:

its from the batch of 2012-2013 Champ Firebirds that are SUPER DUPER FLAT, STIFFFF, and Pearly and vertical lines in rim.

4GFCnOol.jpg

iN2NvEGl.jpg

tZblcM9l.jpg

alNTYval.jpg

11x firebirds weren't really FAF. Then again, maybe I just need some clarifcation on this. To me, the 'FAF' firebirds were the REALLY stiff board flat 12x that were the most OS firebird ever made. Every 11x I ever threw was not nearly as beefy as those. I feel like 'FAF' has become a misnomer.

11x firebirds weren't really FAF. Then again, maybe I just need some clarifcation on this. To me, the 'FAF' firebirds were the REALLY stiff board flat 12x that were the most OS firebird ever made. Every 11x I ever threw was not nearly as beefy as those. I feel like 'FAF' has become a misnomer.

I've seen and held super flat 11x champ firebirds but they were softer very grippy champion plastic. Not nearly as OS as the 12X flat and firm champs.

I have a 11x firebird that is 100% FAF. I bought it used, so I can't tell if it was ever as OS as the run you are talking about. But truely FAF 11x firebirds do most certainly exist

I have a 11x firebird that is 100% FAF. I bought it used, so I can't tell if it was ever as OS as the run you are talking about. But truely FAF 11x firebirds do most certainly exist

There are definitely board flat 11x champ firebirds. But the ones I've handled are a softer grippier champion compared to the rock hard 12x flat ones from that 2012-2013 batch.

All of my 11x Firebirds are FAF.

One of them is actually concave.

I've had a few flat ones but mostly all were softer and had a slight dome. They feel a lot like the Sextons in grip and dome.

I think alot of people dog get the "FAF" that run is more sought after because the Firm than the Flatness. I mean bricks. These things are insanely stiff champion blends. Which are absolutely beef cakes. I have had a number of 11x firechickens and none of them are as close to the ridged stiffness of that run. It was almost like a pre Jolly launcher kinda thing. I have also seen what I swear is the same plastic blends on some of the early Large Circle stamp Eagles the proshop released a few years ago. Just bricks.

I think alot of people dog get the "FAF" that run is more sought after because the Firm than the Flatness. I mean bricks. These things are insanely stiff champion blends. Which are absolutely beef cakes. I have had a number of 11x firechickens and none of them are as close to the ridged stiffness of that run. It was almost like a pre Jolly launcher kinda thing. I have also seen what I swear is the same plastic blends on some of the early Large Circle stamp Eagles the proshop released a few years ago. Just bricks.

yeah, like the 2nd run fds and 3rd run pds too.

FAF can have two meanings that are confusing.

FAF - flat and firm (12x 2012-2013 run of flat and super stiff champ firebirds)

FAF - flat as f#%k - a super flat firebird.

yeah, like the 2nd run fds and 3rd run pds too.

^exactly discs that are made out of that 2012-2013 stiff and durable innova champ plastic. hold their stability for YEARS

Last edited:
I broke mine on the 4th. Second round first hole. I use the disc like atleast four holes on a non windy day. And it was pretty windy and I forgot my gator at home.

The round was recorded too! So I'll get to watch myself blow up.

I have a fairly stiff not faf 12xbut it's not the same :(

I also have one of the new "flat top firebird" stamped but it's gummy. I like it for bh and fh but not so much for skips and OH

Another quality of that run is it didn't take sharpy well. I can't say how many times I've rewritten my info over the last four years.

Last edited:
Anyone mess with lighter weight Champion Firebirds? Something like in the lower 160's. Everyone is hungry for the super beef/max weight/FAF Firebirds but about the light weights?