• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

The nice part about the FAF Firebirds is they stay overstable forever. I remember when they first came out people freaked, because it was the first time they molded up flat since the 11x runs. At the time the prices on 11x firebirds were starting to really go up so this was good for those not wanting to spend a lot of money. I kinda stocked up on them just in case they stop molding up flat again... I think I have about 12 on the shelf and that might be enough to last me a life time because the one I have in my bag is from 2012 and it's still plenty overstable.

Any value to an 06-07 era Pro FB? I've had it in a box all these years because I always preferred other molds.

I know there's the what's this disc worth thread, but thought this might be the better place

local store find:

its from the batch of 2012-2013 Champ Firebirds that are SUPER DUPER FLAT, STIFFFF, and Pearly and vertical lines in rim.

4GFCnOol.jpg

iN2NvEGl.jpg

tZblcM9l.jpg

alNTYval.jpg

i have one of these, its blurple, and the sexiest FB ive ever seen

Any value to an 06-07 era Pro FB? I've had it in a box all these years because I always preferred other molds.

I know there's the what's this disc worth thread, but thought this might be the better place

It's unfortunate that it's Pro, because the people who will shell out for an FB want the most durable plastic most of the time.

Probably still worth a hit to someone though.

Pics didn't upload from phone, had to do it from the computer and missed the edit window, sorry. Excuse the clutter on the desk :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170321_124059888.jpg
    IMG_20170321_124059888.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20170321_124248659.jpg
    IMG_20170321_124248659.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 45
To me that looks like the FL mold, but the angle on the wing is a little off. You can probably compare it to a champ/star Firebird if you have one laying around to know for sure.

For your purposes, the pro plastic Firebirds were produced in both the X mold and the L mold but they were all stamped as "Pro Firebird". Most were L mold. Same goes from "Pro Starfire", most were actually SLs.

It's a tourney stamp, so that doesn't help either. I can tell the difference on TB/TL and Beast X/Old and L/2x and easily enough. I don't have any other firebirds, this was a players pack disc that they didn't have anything else I wanted, so I took the only thing not dx :)

Went to the Innova site to try to compare, I'm not real sure I even see much of a difference in their pictures. I'm guessing it's a FL, just penned wrong.

The pro plastic was the FL mold, wasn't it?

I'm not sure if the Pro Firebird is an FL the way the Pro Starfire is the SL. The Pro Starfire today continues to be the SL. The FL is now OOP.

I use the FL and have two Star FLs (both X-outs). Not only is the bottom different, but to my eye the FL is a bit different than the Firebird in the sidewall, as well. The green and red pics looked like FBs, but that upside-down blue one looked like an FL to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts