• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

How does the Sextons match up against the Star Thunderbird? I realize that the Sextons are kind of gummy and that the Thunderbirds are stiff, but what about the flight. Is the Sexybird way more OS than the Thundie?

How does 2017 Sexton Firebird compare to 2015 and 2016 versions?

I doubt anyone outside the factory has thrown one yet. They just popped up yesterday.

I did hear Sexton say he wanted the 2016s to not be as stiff as they turned out. I would not be surprised to find these to be gummy.

If no one comment before I get mine I'll chime back in for sure.

Darnit, I've been waiting all day for them. Stepped out to get lunch and bam! They're here and they're gone before I get back. LOL.

How does the Sextons match up against the Star Thunderbird? I realize that the Sextons are kind of gummy and that the Thunderbirds are stiff, but what about the flight. Is the Sexybird way more OS than the Thundie?

Curious about this myself. Also, how do they compare to Brinster Birds?

Biggest difference between a Sexton FB and a Brinster 'bird is the speed.

Solid OS TB vs not crazy OS FB.

Last edited:
How does the Sextons match up against the Star Thunderbird? I realize that the Sextons are kind of the gummy and that the Thunderbirds are stiff, but what about the flight. Is the Sexybird way more OS than the Thundie?

IMO, super similar. I'll often swap a stiff Star Thundy in as a FB.

^ dang it! I went out to mow. I only have one '15 Sexton and it's my favorite FB. If anyone gets some extras I have PP and Innova collector stuff

Are Felons pretty close to the Sexton birds, as they are typically gummy and on the less beefy end of Firebirds?

^ dang it! I went out to mow. I only have one '15 Sexton and it's my favorite FB. If anyone gets some extras I have PP and Innova collector stuff

Supposedly there will be plenty.

I'm hoping I can grab a couple of throwers. It might be tough with all the flippers and idiot collectors we have now.

How do you guys get notifications when stuff is released? My account says I'm signed up for "general subscriptions". Thanks

I follow them on Twitter and have the notifications for them turned on. Same with Discmania and DGUStore. Their Twitter notifications are always way ahead of their e-mails.

The Sexton is not way more OS. The biggest differences IMO is that the Sexton has a little less glide and a more lateral sweeping fade/skip, whereas the star thunderbird will have a more forward fade/skip. They are both terrific wind fighters and they display close to the same amount of HSS. The star thunderbird (to me) is more like a beefy PD with a little less distance potential. That being said, the sexton and star thunderbird do fly some pretty similar lines.

Latest posts