• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

I found it weird that the one I bought didn't have anything about KC on it at all. Is that weird or was that just a certain run they didn't do it for?

Alright will do. How the hell do you identify which ones runs/era you're buying from (if it's online at least), unfortunately don't have a brick and mortar store near me....

Also would the one that I have be close to the one that says "twelve time" on it rather than 12x?

Probably, but not necessarily. They had a few really big runs in there and it's hard to say.

On Infinite you can zoom pretty good and see individual discs well. That's the only place other than brick and mortar you could find out for sure.

Probably, but not necessarily. They had a few really big runs in there and it's hard to say.

On Infinite you can zoom pretty good and see individual discs well. That's the only place other than brick and mortar you could find out for sure.

Marshall Street does as well if you select the disc it pops it up as the full picture, plus their free shipping is a much lower threshold ($50 vs $150) than Infinites. Also much closer to me.

I recently went back to a pfn DX Firebird. Yesterday down hill into a slight wind the thing went straight down the fairway.
Gawd I love those things!!

Marshall Street does as well if you select the disc it pops it up as the full picture, plus their free shipping is a much lower threshold ($50 vs $150) than Infinites. Also much closer to me.

Their shipping policy is fantastic. I have had not had as much luck with the zoom, but I've mostly looked on the phone. Will have to check it out.

Appreciate the help! I ended up finding a few cheaper ones that looked really similar for 10-15 each so I got them to see if they can fill in for that lost disc.

One is a "twelve time" and another was that weird non-KC signed one. Do you know if those were around the same time period as the twelve time? The plastic looks spot on to the one I lost in a slightly different color.

Got these for a windy day.... 2019 and 2020.

Attachments

• C534122F-253B-4FA4-BED9-8FA091551C44.jpg
    C534122F-253B-4FA4-BED9-8FA091551C44.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 53
Just wanted to mention my recent observation on the star variety. For the past year I would say all of the star firebirds I came across were REALLY flat and stiff. It appears there is a new run out there and it is softer and has a very little dome to it. If you like star plastic and like the board flat ones, I would get them soon as they might not be around for a bit again.

I found it weird that the one I bought didn't have anything about KC on it at all. Is that weird or was that just a certain run they didn't do it for?

There was a run like you have that was made inbetween 12x stamp variants. Not sure why they left hi off, I feel like Ive heard why before but I cant remember.

Just wanted to mention my recent observation on the star variety. For the past year I would say all of the star firebirds I came across were REALLY flat and stiff. It appears there is a new run out there and it is softer and has a very little dome to it. If you like star plastic and like the board flat ones, I would get them soon as they might not be around for a bit again.

Stars are underrated.

Anyone mess with Champion Firebirds around 160g?

I've been through about 4 or 5 standard 12x Champs at 175g. I've backed off the overhands lately, but every time I do try to go all out on a tomahawk or thumber, I consider dropping the weight a bit.

Anyone mess with Champion Firebirds around 160g?

A bit, I had a beautiful pearly one at 162 that I liked okay for mid speed FH shots, but it would turn a lot more than I would like if thrown hard. Gave it to a friend who is developing his FH and he likes it. I actually like star ones around 160 for Backhand. It's overstable enough that I can count on it, but still can throw it fairly far.

Another observation on the newer star firebirds. Ever since I saw that destroyers had a new bottom piece in the destroyer thread, I have been trying to scratch all of my discs. The new firebirds seem to have a new bottom piece as well.

Firebird experts -

If I were to look for a very throwable firebird that can be straightened out to fly about <300', what physical characteristics aside from PLH would I look for?

I'm asking because I'm imagining a domey (pop topped maybe) Star FB about 168g. As long as the domeyness didn't push the PLH too high, I figure it would fly pretty nice and mellow but still fade and skip like a firebird. Or even just a thrashed FB.

I figure what I'm looking for is not too far off from an earlier Sexton FB, just looking for a less boutique disc.

EDIT: Worth noting that I like the almost matte finish star, maybe it's older, without the gloss I've seen on newer star. Also pretty stiff.

Last edited:
I have very limited experience with the Firebird but the color glow ones seem to be the straightest for me and seem to have more glide than the others. The one I have isn't a Sexton but I would guess it's from the same 2019 or 2018 run.

I carry a gstar Firebird from time to time. The gstar firebird flies like a slightly faster champ Thunderbird. Enough hss and a decent fade for this aging arm.