• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

The giant is getting more popular and I am confused by it. First of all it has a 2.3 rim which is usually consistent with 'speed 12', but that is unimportant. Why is it rated 1,4 by Westside and 20/80 by InFlight when people on this forum are comparing it favorably to a force or destroyer? If it is indeed 'speed 12'/2.3 rim then where does it stand in reference with the popular 2.3s the Xcal (most stable), Force (very stable and does not want to turn), and Destroyer (very stable but may turn)?

Oye booter me lo prestas?

Wiggins doesn't throw WS. He wil freely admit he is only an average putter (for a 1020? rated payer). He's still in hs.

Giant is over stable.

_facebook_-2098180135.jpg

look!

That's it, I'm rounding up the ninjas and getting on a plane to Finland tonight!

The giant is getting more popular and I am confused by it. First of all it has a 2.3 rim which is usually consistent with 'speed 12', but that is unimportant. Why is it rated 1,4 by Westside and 20/80 by InFlight when people on this forum are comparing it favorably to a force or destroyer? If it is indeed 'speed 12'/2.3 rim then where does it stand in reference with the popular 2.3s the Xcal (most stable), Force (very stable and does not want to turn), and Destroyer (very stable but may turn)?

because Westside's ratings aren't the same as Innova's

because Westside's ratings aren't the same as Innova's

But Inflight rates across companies fairly accurately and they rate the Giant as about as overstable as any disc out there. Obviously this is a misjudgement, so I am curious as to where everyone's experiences would place it relative to popular and comparable discs like the Xcal, Force, and Destroyer.

I see

in VIP it is very HSS and LSS...it will be more Xcal/Force in VIP...less glide

but in TP it is workable, may not really show turn unless seasoned...more like a Destroyer...for its "overstability" it glides better than the Destroyer

VIP sparkle sword is so gummy and glides with speed!

I really enjoy them, If he can throw them 600ft why doesn't
He win more? I assume he is a subpar putter?

Going to get a air king how do those fly compared to the
Normal ones?

He's not a bad putter. It's just a wide open hole with nothing in the way, and the kid sure haas an arm, so he can get it anywhere without trees.

Not that he's bad with trees, he grew up playing at Johnson Street. But without trees he's hard to beat.

Thanks for posting the pics Booter! I'm so conditioned, I started salivating as soon as I saw the Underworld stamp. That literally is the best stock artwork for any disc ever made.

From Westsides homepage:
(Did I miss something?)
"David Feldberg joined Team Latitude
6th February 2013
Westside has got a second American professional top-20 disc golfer to use our products in addition to Gregg Barsby. Dave Feldberg is one of the best known disc golfers in the world and he has won championships in 11 countries. He has signed a team contract with Latitude where the use of Westside is included. And he is actually very impressed by some of Westside products such as King and Giant. See yourself what Dave tells about Westside and Latitude in his video at his new website at www.flyfeldberg.com. Dave Feldberg will use only Latitude, Westside and Dynamic Discs. Gregg Barsby's contract is directly with Westside and he plays with mixed bag. Gregg's website is www.barsbyline.com. We are looking forward to see who will be the third American top name who starts to use our products!"

Latest posts