• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

yep my Tp flat warship is a flip machine, I use it for annys only, my VIP is amazing flies for me like a really long roc LOVE IT

Well, I have one Warship in each plastic, waiting for spring - sounds like 2 different discs: lucky me.

Another satisfied VIP Sword customer here. Absolutely loving the qualities of this disc!

Another satisfied VIP Sword customer here. Absolutely loving the qualities of this disc!
Awesome. How does it fly? What color and weight? Did you consider other discs, like Dynamic's so-called Sword equivalent?

I was thinking about that today. If the aforementioned DD disc is essentially a Sword, doesn't that create competition within the Lat64 family that would ultimately be detrimental to each others' discs? I guess they're all different companies and contracting manufacturing with Latitude, but it seems weird.

I don't think it would matter too much to latitude, since they are making discs for both westside and dd. They're getting paid regardless to make the disc. I haven't thrown the 2 side by side, but if it's close to the sword I could see the dd variant being more popular in the states just based on dynamic discs' brand recognition.

I don't think it would matter too much to latitude, since they are making discs for both westside and dd. They're getting paid regardless to make the disc. I haven't thrown the 2 side by side, but if it's close to the sword I could see the dd variant being more popular in the states just based on dynamic discs' brand recognition.
I'm thinking more along the lines of competition between Westside and Dynamic. I think Latitude is probably as happy as a clam producing and essentially distributing Westside, Lat64, and DD...

If the aforementioned DD disc is essentially a Sword, doesn't that create competition within the Lat64 family that would ultimately be detrimental to each others' discs?
I'm thinking more along the lines of competition between Westside and Dynamic. I think Latitude is probably as happy as a clam producing and essentially distributing Westside, Lat64, and DD...

I completely agree with this. I'm not assuming that the DD molds are all Westside molds and/or will be in the future. Latitude is OEM'ing these discs for Westside and DD just like local store brand chips and sodas are usually made by Lays and Coke or a smaller food company. They've got their own products too but there's a solid business there making custom products for others which they can brand as their own.

I wonder about some of those newer Millennium discs (Quasar, Astra, & Scorpius) really are unique. I recall seeing the initial press rating one exactly like a Boss and I think another had the same flight numbers as a Katana(?)

Awesome. How does it fly? What color and weight? Did you consider other discs, like Dynamic's so-called Sword equivalent?

I was thinking about that today. If the aforementioned DD disc is essentially a Sword, doesn't that create competition within the Lat64 family that would ultimately be detrimental to each others' discs? I guess they're all different companies and contracting manufacturing with Latitude, but it seems weird.

It flies like a more responsive Destroyer. It's pliable, and it has more glide, that is unfortunately exaggerated in a head or cross wind but throw that baby up into a tailwind and it's going to BOMB. I only have a few VIPs (weights 167 and 172, no Tourneys yet) and they kicked the Destros out of the "workhorse distance driver" spot for me. I just bought a yellow sparkle VIP, too. Sure is purdy!

I've looked into most of the molds in that range, and the Sword has emerged as my go-to. I have NOT had a chance to sample the DD disc, however.

the sword i have has been quite impressive. im really happy with the turn i get out of it. not much but just enough that its not shaking out of anhy too fast. really what i was hoping a flow and northman would be.
both started off stable but 60 70 throws in they are turners.

picked up the VIP sword to add in.
dont know if its normal but its sparkle orange, in a bling'n orange, not the red-orange they put out,
anyway its is very opague. not really transparent at all. really looks like TP. Yet to throw

Well the Sword is my official Monster distance driver. Yesterday I threw it around 450 both rounds on the same hole (17 600ft from long tee) at Cedarock doubles. but during the first round I also witnessed Wiggins park that hole. I may be a "big arm" but seeing him throw really puts you in your place. I still love my Swords.

Well the Sword is my official Monster distance driver. Yesterday I threw it around 450 both rounds on the same hole (17 600ft from long tee) at Cedarock doubles. but during the first round I also witnessed Wiggins park that hole. I may be a "big arm" but seeing him throw really puts you in your place. I still love my Swords.

I love my swords. I have two tp's one 171 and one max wt. While I'm not in the 400' club yet, I do like the distance I get from them
really nice glide too! Just picked up a king to mess around with for wide open shots.

I am constantly accused of having cheater discs for out-throwing the younger guys. It's always the Sword or King. WESTSIDE!!

Guys, take a look at Sniper66's Sword!

g4XDDup.png

Yeah, so I was lazy and typed in 'sword' instead of 'westside sword'. Saw a $15 real sword, clicked the first pic, and wtf?

the title says it all! SECRET NINJA TACTICAL SWORD FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I want to hear reviews from Feldberg.

VIP sparkle sword is so gummy and glides with speed!

I really enjoy them, If he can throw them 600ft why doesn't
He win more? I assume he is a subpar putter?

Going to get a air king how do those fly compared to the
Normal ones?

Latest posts