• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

If any of you speak Swedefinnish, or whatever language Westside is, can you please send them a PM and ask them for more light Northmans and Kings, and no, not that bubble crap, just regular light ones like I already have.
I have needed backups for a couple of years now.

Signed;
I only speak merkin

try emailing them
their English is better than most of the posters in this forum

will a 177g warship overlap with my 177 z buzzz? I throw the buzz about 250' max

which plastic of Warship?

but either way likely yes at that and most distances

there are some subtle differences
the Buzzz might be a tad faster given it's profile (as compared to a VIP Warship...TP's tend to be a bit flatter)
the Warship in either plastic will glide better

the VIP Warship will probably fade a bit more than the Buzzz

you must have domey flows. My GL Flow is flat and fliptastic. I have to have a lot of room for that one to come back. My TP Northman is also domey if that matters.

and I too am interested in their next round of discs due this spring. March 1 right?

think i read we should see them the end of march

ill check on my dome between the three flow and northman.

the two gl flow and vip north are the same dome, domey. the opto flow is about 2-3mm less than the flows 169, north 170.
i took a 2ft level and layed it across 2 at a time and supported it once it made contact. it was really evident when i did three across with the opto in the middle

I used to think the giant was a meathook. I have worked in a tp giant it flies very straight if released on a slight turn and keep it below ten feet high. Not only that but the grip on the tp plastic is amazing. I know lat 64 says the tp plastic is 99% the same as gl, but to me the tp seems to have just a bit more grip.

I just got a TP Sword for Christmas. It's kinda flippy if released slightly anny. It will hold hyzer well if thrown on that plane. Nice disc, but really just getting use to it. Kinda reminds me of my pro destroyer.

I just checked the Westside.fi site and it says March 1 release of all the new discs. But that may be the Euro release date. They also have a release date of April 1 for BT plastic in several molds. anyone have info on BT?

The Sword is a fantastic disc. that's all there is to it. I'm getting used to the other molds but me and the sword clicked immediately.

My BT soft Swan 2s are very grippy and bendy, some what remind me of a tackier version of my old soft pro Rhynos

Still on pins and needles waiting to try these out. They all potentially have a spot in my bag

Tursas--This will replace the Fuse I threw in the pond a couple months ago. I haven't had a flippy mid in my bag since. I have been using a Comet which I love but I want something even more understable

Underworld--I gave up on the River due to its touchiness and went back with the Leopard, but I really want to go back to Swedish plastic for this spot in my bag. I have actually started to grow fond of the River over the last couple weeks of throwing it in the snow, so it may be a 3 way battle for the understable fairway spot in my bag once it warms up

Stag--I have been needing a wind-fighting fairway driver for a while. I am happy with the Opto Saint for generable overstable driving duties, but the HSS is just not good enough for the wind. As long as this is notably more HSS than the Saint and either slightly more LSS or equal LSS to the Opto Saint, I will be happy.

Air Sword--This may be the distance driver to end all distance drivers.

^i wouldnt call a saint a a wind fighter at all so i can imagine your desire for the stag.

think i read BT was only available in some euro brick outlets

What does the Striker do for you now? The Striker has a bit of a checkered past, it could equate to about three or four different (current and future) WS molds.

Thanks any difference in VIP and tourney?

If you are throwing a Striker 350, I would suggest Tourney for the Sword because it will already fly fairly overstable for you so there is no need for the slightly higher stability of the VIP.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you will see much high speed turn from a Sword unless you are throwing it 400 ft+

I like the swan 1's a little better. Also the zero mercy's are awesome. I've got my own latitude 64/westside page on facebook. If you'd like do a search for latitude 64 and westside disc fan page

If you are throwing a Striker 350, I would suggest Tourney for the Sword because it will already fly fairly overstable for you so there is no need for the slightly higher stability of the VIP.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you will see much high speed turn from a Sword unless you are throwing it 400 ft+

I must have a freak then. Or maybe it's the cold weather because mine will turn and it turns early on a flattish throw.

Latest posts