• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

I must have a freak then. Or maybe it's the cold weather because mine will turn and it turns early on a flattish throw.

Agree. I had one of the beefy cobalt VIPs with a dome and that thing would barely turn on a flat throw. All other Swords I've tried have a good bit of turn on a flat throw and have a more of a flat top.

Why I like them is the nice little s curve achieved from flat usually gets me straightish max D. A little bit of anhyzer and it will hold a turn to the ground. But even a hint of hyzer and these things will fight a turn and go a long way on a hyzer line. Its much like a JLS for me, just supersized.

Just traded my son a Champion Boss 171 for his new VIP King. Royal blue and FAST. Flies like a faster Katana with a bit more glide. I think it will suck in the wind but so far - I really like it. I can hyzer flip it and it will carry a sweet arc to the left at the end. Slight anhyzer on release and I got some of my farthest drives yet with a pretty consistent s turn.

I bought a Sword today and took it to the course. I really liked it's flight, super straight high speed portion, and only a gentle forward fade. Not like other high speed drivers I have. Anyways, it's a reddish, fairly opaque, almost lava colorshift like, VIP, 169g, but when you look at it closely, it either has some microscpic glitter/colorant, or air bubbles. It does resemble some of the opto air stuff slightly. Anybody ever seen anything like that?

I have a red Opto Vision with micro glitter in it. Hard to see unless you get it just right in the sunlight. Definitely not bubbles.

I bought a Sword today and took it to the course. I really liked it's flight, super straight high speed portion, and only a gentle forward fade. Not like other high speed drivers I have. Anyways, it's a reddish, fairly opaque, almost lava colorshift like, VIP, 169g, but when you look at it closely, it either has some microscpic glitter/colorant, or air bubbles. It does resemble some of the opto air stuff slightly. Anybody ever seen anything like that?

That Sword is no good. You should give it to me so it doesn't get into the hands of evil. Yeah that's the ticket.

That Sword is no good. You should give it to me so it doesn't get into the hands of evil. Yeah that's the ticket.

Ha! I think I'm gonna stick with this one for awhile. I had won a heavy black Tourney Sword last year on Clear Water's facebook page, but I'm not big on throwing black drivers most places, plus it's heavier always felt like I didn't quite have enough arm for it. This lighter one really flies nice. workable, not to harsh on the fade etc.

Sparkle VIP Swords are my favorite too.

now something about the Warship. my 177 TP is flat and that thing finishes to the right (RHBH). is this normal? for reference when this occurred I was throwing Fuses and a Comet dead straight (field practice.)

No it should finish left for me. It's supposed to go straight with small fade (left) correct? This thing turned over and finished right. It was a consistency for this disc. I had to throw with a good bit of hyzer to make it go straight and fade left.

I found the TP Warship to be understable
as much as I like TP I didn't like the TP Warship

I found the GL Fuse to be much more controllable

the VIP Warship on the other hand is a work of awesomeness!!!
stable, glide, good finish

good to know I didn't get a freak. now to find money to buy a VIP Warship.

I found the TP Warship to be understable
as much as I like TP I didn't like the TP Warship

I found the GL Fuse to be much more controllable

the VIP Warship on the other hand is a work of awesomeness!!!
stable, glide, good finish

This is my experience as well. Both my TP Warships have been discs that I could not get to hold a straight line at full power with any consistency. They REALLY want to flip over and go right even with hyzer and height. The VIPs on the other hand are great.

No it should finish left for me. It's supposed to go straight with small fade (left) correct? This thing turned over and finished right. It was a consistency for this disc. I had to throw with a good bit of hyzer to make it go straight and fade left.

Sorry reading comprehension fail on my part. One of those days I suppose.

This is my experience as well. Both my TP Warships have been discs that I could not get to hold a straight line at full power with any consistency. They REALLY want to flip over and go right even with hyzer and height. The VIPs on the other hand are great.

exactly my experience

tried to do a nice gentle hyzer or hyzer flip type shot on a 312 foot hole and it kept flipping up and tracking right* on me with no real left fade

(* granted I'm an OAT monkey)

edit:
also mine were flat

I will also say that most of the tp warships i have the flash is nasty, almost sharp. I like the tp for powered down shots no run up barely pulled back i can get them 250 dead nuts straight. I do like the anny line they will do also. I have noticed that the tp does not like too much power, smooth is far with he tp warship like no other disc i have thrown including comets and fuses.

exactly my experience

tried to do a nice gentle hyzer or hyzer flip type shot on a 312 foot hole and it kept flipping up and tracking right* on me with no real left fade

(* granted I'm an OAT monkey)

edit:
also mine were flat

I have one flat max weight and one domey at 174. The domey one is noticeably more stable, but still a turnover machine.

Latest posts