• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

I don't know of any. I do know that retailers can place orders for the new discs on 2/18, so it would be really cool to see somebody do one. That being said, it would make most sense for Dynamic Discs to do one.

I don't know of any. I do know that retailers can place orders for the new discs on 2/18, so it would be really cool to see somebody do one. That being said, it would make most sense for Dynamic Discs to do one.

2/18?

Will these ship from Sweden/Finland after 2/18?

That's a close time frame for a March 1st release.

Of course they know stuff I don't, so I'm going to think positively and plan on these being widely available on the 1st.

2/18?

Will these ship from Sweden/Finland after 2/18?

That's a close time frame for a March 1st release.

Of course they know stuff I don't, so I'm going to think positively and plan on these being widely available on the 1st.

Lat was pretty on it with a hard release date for the Saint, so hopefully the same will apply here.

Yes mine's definitely fuse ish to me its like a comet, if you throw it well it rewards you but when you don't it makes you pay lol. I've tried to like it but its definitely a finesse disc. I can crank on a super stingray and it has a slight turn and tracks right, roc+ will go dead straight and fade. This warship will flip over and burn same throw. Now when you power down and throw it smooth it glides forever.
I like the disc just wish it were more stable guess I need to try a VIP.

Every TP warship I've thrown is a turnover machine. The VIPs, even in light weights (I have a 168) are dead nuts straight with no turn on my throws and a slight fade at the end. I can get one of these out to 300-320.

For reference, these are the pictures of the VIP protos I took within 2 minutes of getting them: http://imgur.com/a/TZPXJ

I spent a lot of time with the protos before sending them on to ManU. I'm confident that Westside's numbers for the new discs are accurate (the Underworld is a completely new mold they definitely did their homework on). A lot of testing went into these discs to get accurate numbers... A LOT. I wouldn't doubt that WS recognized that people questioned the numbers on some of their discs before these and wanted to get them perfect for these ones (the Stag protos #s changed a couple times I believe).

Someone mentioned comparing the Underworld to a Leopard earlier, which is the one disc I could definitely give it a fair comparison to. It has a similar low high speed stability and equal fade, but it glides forever. I think inFlight portrays it correctly. If you're like me and love to test different nose angles with different power throws, you'll love how easy it is to control.

On the topic of the Underworld, I reminisce this as my favorite hole for it. It's about 360 feet to the curve on this hole and you're on a ~10foot hill when you throw. Hyzerflip the Underworld with a lot of snap and it consistently parked right at the curve for me. I miss the Underworld and plan to buy it in VIP and TP right around 168g (which is what I threw).

Another thanks for all the info on the Underworld. Am I correct to think that in the photo of the underside of the discs, the Underworld is the one on the right?

Another thanks for all the info on the Underworld. Am I correct to think that in the photo of the underside of the discs, the Underworld is the one on the right?

Yep! The rim of the Underworld is clearer than the Tursas :)

By the way, and I know this is minor, but how I remember which one is which is "Tursas" is a 'shorter' word. Just for those of us who need a little help :D

Thanks! That's good news for me: I have bigger hands, and I tend to get a better grip on beaded or Cyclone-esque rims than on flatter/smoother rims like the Leo. The Underworld looks to be more the former than the latter from that pic, which is great!

I don't usually get amped up about a disc before it comes out, but the Underworld sounds like it'll be exactly what I'm hoping for: a slower, definitely understable fairway driver.

So...is the Stag like the perfect hybrid child of the teebird and the firebird? Right in the middle of speed ratings and stability ratings apparently. Is it weird that I'm kinda excited to try one out?

Already pre-ordered a Stag from Infinite Discs...but they are no longer taking pre-orders on it. I'm excited to try it out for sure. I can take or leave the mids, but the Stag has a lot of potential...

I might try out the stag, but I have a feeling I'm in for overlap city with my current setup.

Teebird (champ beat so it turns at full power)
Banshee
Dx banshee (water shots)
River
Vision

I'm fairway heavy :(

Let us know what they say!
The guy answered that Latitude ships Westside's discs and they are usually on the mark for delivery. He told me to get back to him when it's closer to the date and he'd tell me whatever the tracking number said for a delivery date. He also said that I'd be competing with him for them...no fair!

I might try out the stag, but I have a feeling I'm in for overlap city with my current setup.

Teebird (champ beat so it turns at full power)
Banshee
Dx banshee (water shots)
River
Vision

I'm fairway heavy :(

Based on the numbers of the Stag and what others have said...

I think the only overlap could be with the Banshee. It should not overlap with a beat Teebird, River, or Vision.