• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

I had been putting with Wizards for the last few years with varied results, switched to Bt soft Swan 2s as main putters, and an Eco1 Swan 2 for jump putts, my putting game has vastly improved, still use the Wizards for off the tee though (i like a little more on the overstable side for drives)

YUM!

attachment.php

attachment.php

What EMac throws atm
VIP Giant "Doesn't go that far for me...very very stable disc...little more distance than the villain"
VIP King "Really loving for rolling...goes for miles...holds that line...finishes dead straight...fast" The context is exclusively for rollers.
VIP Warship "Flies very straight and finishes left every time...can get it to turn a little...very predictable" Apparently a supplement to his go-to mid Sparkle Core and a GL Pain, which he says are less stable and more stable respectively.

Here's an interesting question, for which I don't have an explanation. Anyone notice differences in glossy vs matte colors in tournament plastic?

I have a shiny, glossy "gold" TP Sword (that looks exactly like any other shiny gold line Lat64 disc) that is super hard and durable. It's an awesome disc, but I also have a matte yellow TP 'Kalevan Miekka' Finnish stamped Sword I got from Powergrip.fi last summer. The matte yellow TP Sword feels AMAZING. It's way grippier than the shiny gold TP Sword, a tiny bit softer, and has a bit more glide than the shiny one. The grip and the glide... Oh, how I want to clone this disc!

I was actually just thinking about this today. In my experience, the matte GLs are by far grippier than the marble/colorshift ones. The latter have good grip, but it doesn't compare to the matte ones.

I wonder if this was part of the reason Lat 64 stopped producing so many colorshift/pearly GLs?

I was actually just thinking about this today. In my experience, the matte GLs are by far grippier than the marble/colorshift ones. The latter have good grip, but it doesn't compare to the matte ones.

I wonder if this was part of the reason Lat 64 stopped producing so many colorshift/pearly GLs?
So, does Lat64 have matte GLs, too? I don't have a store nearby to thumb through all the different feeling GL/TP discs :(

Yup, they definitely have some matte ones. And for whatever it's worth, the super grippy matte disc that I have is a shock yellowish one, perhaps the same or similar as that Sword of yours.

Yup, they definitely have some matte ones. And for whatever it's worth, the super grippy matte disc that I have is a shock yellowish one, perhaps the same or similar as that Sword of yours.

like this? Its a flat white, no pearl at all. Pretty grippy

34qp6s9.jpg

The River you're holding up looks shiny. The matte Westsides i've seen (im from sweden) are almost DX-like... but waaaaay more durable.

hmm interesting, how is the glide on them? any different?

I've only thrown a Black Westside Sword 2 times... was something between an average Pinnacle Rampage and average GL Flow I would say. stable / (turns 1 - 0.5 maybe) but with more fade at the end then a flow.

The River you're holding up looks shiny. The matte Westsides i've seen (im from sweden) are almost DX-like... but waaaaay more durable.
This! This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to say because I didn't want to give anyone the impression that matte TP is like DX. Matte TP is super durable, for sure, and has a similar grippiness - super grippy when wet and cold even! I think it's the grip and extra spin that gives me the extra glide compared to glossy TP.

I loved the Tursas, though. I hyzerflipped discs before I knew what that even was :)o), so when I started throwing the Tursas I fell in love. I kid you not, I could hyzerflip it on a frozen rope 200-250 feet (the glide...) and have it fade 10-15 feet to the right. I almost had my first ace with it on a 195' dead straight alley shot. Hands down easiest disc to control I've ever thrown. It's the first disc I could effortlessly get that RHBH anhyzer fade from. I could also get it to fade left by putting less snap on it. Favorite Westside disc for sure. Unfortunately, the inFlight guide doesn't do the Tursas justice at all. I loved testing underpower, normal power, and overpowering it with different nose angles. Throw it flat and it's more HSS than inFlight depicts. Throw it anhyzer and it can give you a very easy to control S curve (thinking different power throws). I can't wait to buy it in max weight both plastics. It's exactly the understable midrange I've been waiting for.

Bumping this thread in the hopes apparition is reading. :D

Played a Fuse/Spike only round today, and had a blast hyzer flipping the snot out of the Fuse. But, since it is GL, it could still be a bit touchier than I wanted. It made me really watch my form, which was good, but I definitely had to finesse it.

So my question is this: Is the Tursas as touchy as the Fuse, or does it require a little more effort to get the nice h-flips out of it? I plan on buying one, but if it is going to overlap with the Fuse then I don't know if it'll be worth it...

Latest posts