• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2011 - Rochester NY

I thought the Worlds was a solid treat, and after playing 134 holes and coming to the 135th and final hole tied for the lead I have no issue losing the Sr. GM title on a muffed upshot. Chuck Hornsby had a more consistent game than mine and his steady play during the week set him up for the win.

If anyone happens to go swimming next to Genesee #12, I ricocheted a red Comet and dunked it just short of the big dead tree, not more than a couple of feet off the shore. Would love to get it back, and will gladly send one of my Worlds CFRs in thanks.

I thought the Worlds was a solid treat, and after playing 134 holes and coming to the 135th and final hole tied for the lead I have no issue losing the Sr. GM title on a muffed upshot. Chuck Hornsby had a more consistent game than mine and his steady play during the week set him up for the win.

If anyone happens to go swimming next to Genesee #12, I ricocheted a red Comet and dunked it just short of the big dead tree, not more than a couple of feet off the shore. Would love to get it back, and will gladly send one of my Worlds CFRs in thanks.

Great job Jim! Really enjoyed hanging out with you for the week!

I went swimming there and did not find it, but maybe I will check again.

Lost a well seasoned first run DX Eagle in the Parma #1 pond on Tuesday. I waded around for ~45 minutes and pulled out 11 other discs, but not my Eagle. If anyone happens to pull it out I'll pay for return shipping. Contact info is on the disc.

What's the players pack this year? Pics please?

Westside VIP King
Innova Star Archon
DGA Proline Hurricane
Gateway E Slayer
Discraft Z-Glow Nuke (pick up at Flymart, choice of std, SS, or OS)
Gateway mini
Clash DVD (mine was Hornets Nest Tough shot dubs)
Paragon towel
nylon duffel bag
sponsor logo t-shirt
commemorative coin
granola bar
bag tag w/ lanyard
silicon wristband
light up 55g mini Ultimate disc

I think that was everything.

Last edited:
Anyone willing to get me some cool swag from am worlds? Maybe a mini or some stickers or anything? I'll trade you a disc or something
I was kinda disappointed they didn't have any Worlds stamped minis available. :( One of the GRDGC members told me they had them over a year ago as a fund raiser, but none for sale at the actual event.

Westside VIP King
Innova Star Archon
DGA Proline Hurricane
Gateway E Slayer
Gateway mini
Paragon towel
nylon duffel bag
sponsor logo t-shirt
commemorative coin
granola bar
bag tag w/ lanyard
silicon wristband

Awesome thanks.

I was kinda disappointed they didn't have any Worlds stamped minis available. :( One of the GRDGC members told me they had them over a year ago as a fund raiser, but none for sale at the actual event.

I have a glitter, glow in the dark, scented one and a regular one as well.

I got one at the Radisson pro shop for $3 when I registered.

Lost a well seasoned first run DX Eagle in the Parma #1 pond on Tuesday. I waded around for ~45 minutes and pulled out 11 other discs, but not my Eagle. If anyone happens to pull it out I'll pay for return shipping. Contact info is on the disc.

We met. I was with the guy who lost the Buzzz. I Aced that hole that day. Nice to meet you. We found his disc but no others.

I got one at the Radisson pro shop for $3 when I registered.

They have 1999 Rochester Worlds Stamped Minis all over the place at the Play It Again off Jefferson by RIT. Picked up 2 new 170 gram Pro-Rhyno's there too!

Mark

Westside VIP King
Innova Star Archon
DGA Proline Hurricane
Gateway E Slayer
Gateway mini
Paragon towel
nylon duffel bag
sponsor logo t-shirt
commemorative coin
granola bar
bag tag w/ lanyard
silicon wristband

IMG_0052 by PDGATour, on Flickr

That golden disc is pretty cool. I also like the ad in the back of that program book... and the scorecards ;)

If any of the locals pulled a red Star Stingray from #12 at GVP, I'd like to get it back for a friend of mine.

If any of the locals pulled a red Star Stingray from #12 at GVP, I'd like to get it back for a friend of mine.

Prerube (not a local, but...) went swimming there and pulled out some discs. See if he may have found it.

nope. I have a local girl's Valk. Her name is Gina. I also found a MD locals sidewinder, a star valk (already returned), and I found a cheapo putter at Parma.