• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Amazed by the Predator, any other Predator fans?

I played some DG through Hurricane Irene. The Predator was the most overstable disc in by bag, and it never disappointed. (It can handle the wind) It is deceptively long against the wind.

Glad to see the Predator get so much love here, and also explains why they are always sold out as well...

Forgot to mention if anyone has the super overstable red Z Predators for trade hit me up.

Heh. You still got taht one I sent you about a year ago? I still have a pink one that was just like it but I've beat it in to where it flies like my ESP. It's also covered in dry mud from throwing thumbers this spring with all that rain.

Love my pink Z Preds. Been one of the most long lived molds in my bag...I think the Buzzz is the only thing that's been there longer...

the FLX ones are not very consistent IIRC, who wants FLX anyway?

The Z pred - skips about 50 ft past where the FLX stops when it is 100 degrees out. The Z skips long and flat while the FLX skips up higher and shorter. Makes for a nice combo.

Love the Predators tho. Never threw a firebird for long so not much to compare.

Im a huge pred fan. I use a esp and z combo. The esp is my go-to in any condition. Love

So whats the difference between the Old Stamp Z preds, and the newer ones? People are always clamoring for 'em...always wondered why.

For some, its the plastic. For some, its just b/c its what they threw when they started.

Imo, the older, the better.

Heh. You still got taht one I sent you about a year ago? I still have a pink one that was just like it but I've beat it in to where it flies like my ESP. It's also covered in dry mud from throwing thumbers this spring with all that rain.

Lost it at portage lakes on a FH roller into the lake :|

Loved it too. threw my longest thumbers with that thing.

I had fun with a guy I played with last time at USF. He saw me throw a spike hyzer with my Z Pred, so he started talking about how overstable those were and that he could only use his for skip shots. I told him I liked throwing mine for bombing anhyzers, and he didn't believe me because "nobody could throw this disc far". We got to a field and I threw a good 375' throw with mine, and threw his farther.

Gotta love a Pred! Very versatile.

I had fun with a guy I played with last time at USF. He saw me throw a spike hyzer with my Z Pred, so he started talking about how overstable those were and that he could only use his for skip shots. I told him I liked throwing mine for bombing anhyzers, and he didn't believe me because "nobody could throw this disc far". We got to a field and I threw a good 375' throw with mine, and threw his farther.

Gotta love a Pred! Very versatile.

lol, a few days ago I wasn't paying close enough attention, and I thought I had picked up my Leopard, which is yellow, and picked up my Predator by mistake. I threw it flat and hard, and I kept waiting for it to turn, and to turn, just kept flying straight, straight into a ditch.

I say this to say, I fully expected it to turn right the whole time, that is how straight the Pred flies. I didn't realize what was wrong until I saw it in the water, and I looked in my bag, and there was the Leopard, and I totally busted out laughing. To think I could not tell the flight difference of my most overstable from my most understable disc because the Pred flies just so straight... till it slows down that is, then look out left.

My buddy pulled out his River instead of his Striker and FH Flicked the bugger. That was funny to watch...

I never got when people pick the wrong discs. I have never done that. you have to really not be thinking about your game to do that it seems

I liked the Pred a lot, but fell back to my champ Firebird

If you want to try out a pred or 2, take a look at my FSOT thread

I never got when people pick the wrong discs. I have never done that. you have to really not be thinking about your game to do that it seems

I have did it one time but a couple holes in a row.

The course I was playing was hard to navigate and was drawing my focus along with BSing with my buddy that was with me. A couple holes in a row, my "blue opto Fuse", which I had been dialed in with so nicely for standstill throws, went too far and faded a bit hard 2 times in a row. So I finally started paying attention, walked up and looked down to see a blue champ Leopard laying there. I had actually left the Fuse laying right by the basket on a previous shot 3 holes back! :doh:

I'm just glad I got my Fuse back and I now vary my colors more as I used to go almost all blue and white.

Yeah, I've never thrown the wrong discs but I always thought having the same color scheme would look cool for a bag. But I now see how there could be an issue with that.

Star. I have 2 really worn in max weight star Destroyers that always felt nice but never went consistently further than the OLF's. Field testing them over the next week to see if I have the arm speed for em yet.