• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Have to admit..if the payout is 100%, that should go a long way in building some confidence for last minute entries and perhaps future events held by them. After all for the pros...it's all about the money.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not tryin to start any chaos or anything. I just thought that was interesting information for those who didn't know.

Anyone notice the mouseover on the ADGT homepage?

rfD2WEX.jpg

That car give away predates disc golf as a formal sport. It happened in 1974 in Rochester NY at the American Flying Disc Open (now the Rochester Flying Disc Open). The notoriety it got in frisbee circles is credited with convincing Ed Headrick there was a future with disc golf, and he soon there after came up with the design for the polehole and the rest was history.

Pretty sure it had nothing to do with sponsorship or spectators as the director of the tournament is the one that put up the car, and it accomplished his goal of gaining attention for the event (people came from across the country to play for it) and the sport.

Here's the article I think puck'n'disc5 saw it referenced in (though the story has been told countless times).

Cool article, and a Datsun B-210, nice -- at least it wasn't a VW Bug :cool:

Anyone notice the mouseover on the ADGT homepage?

rfD2WEX.jpg

and over the 1 million+ casual... part.

I hate to descend to minor quibbling, when there's so many bigger things wrong here, but does "We are disc athletes!" strike you as inane? I know it's in the tradition of "We are (whatever)" slogans that are all the rage now. But everytime I see it, it simply looks whiny and defensive, as if we don't get respect and are screaming, "We are (too) athletes!"

Is it just me?

And if not, does it look sillier as a slogan for an event with a half-dozen top players, a dozen local "pros", and a field full of Ams?

Last edited:
and over the 1 million+ casual... part.

I hate to descend to minor quibbling, when there's so many bigger things wrong here, but does "We are disc athletes!" strike you as inane? I know it's in the tradition of "We are (whatever)" slogans that are all the rage now. But everytime I see it, it simply looks whiny and defensive, as if we don't get respect and are screaming, "We are (too) athletes!"

Is it just me?

And if not, does it look sillier as a slogan for an event with a half-dozen top players, a dozen local "pros", and a field full of Ams?

The AMs will look like athletes with their dri-fits, mesh shorts, tall socks and beer bellies.

I wont say its just you but I certainly dont see it like you do...and I truly despise Salient.

I think youre seeing it that because you know the people behind the ADGT and their personalities. Someone not in the know about Salient wouldnt see it as a whine.

I wont say its just you but I certainly dont see it like you do...and I truly despise Salient.

I think youre seeing it that because you know the people behind the ADGT and their personalities. Someone not in the know about Salient wouldnt see it as a whine.

You could be right.

Though I'm not sure I'd be impressed if the PDGA rolled out such a slogan, either.

But, as I admitted from the outset, that's just me quibbling over an insignificant detail. In just over 2 weeks, not-really-ESPN will show the world not-quite-disc-golf, played by not-disc-golf-rules on a not-normal-course, and I think it's time to start getting excited about it.

ADGT Predictions - Pros:

1) Ricky
2) MJ
3) Nikko
4) Barry

Am's:

1) No idea
2) No idea
3) No idea
4) No idea

Jeep ace winner:

MJ! :clap:

David, Have you thought your about life after this event :p?

Whether this fails. succeeds, becomes the new model of DG ( A BIG FAT NO! ) what will you do with yourself then?

Personally, I am tired of seeing this thread at the top of the front page EVERYDAY around here :thmbdown:.

I will be glad when this becomes an old news failure and one day it will hopefully be forgotten, or at least not talked about here anymore :wall:.

David, Have you thought your about life after this event :p?

Well, I figure I'll get a few weeks of entertainment in the aftermath, particularly from whatever public comments the proprietors make. After that, the doldrums.

But the vegetation has started growing at Stoney Hill, so I'll find plenty to do to keep me busy. And, you'll be relieved to know, quiet.

Of course, there's always a "par" debate to be found somewhere.

Maybe this event will actually succeed and then we can fill another 50 (or 235 depending on your settings) pages with speculation on if their next big event will fail.

Yea, are we still talking about this?

50 million people watching on ESPN is what I'm predicting.

"The fastest growing sport with over 1 million+ casual and avid players , American Disc Golf Tour is the foremost tour in quality disc golf tournaments."

Hadn't seen the whole thing. I had no idea that American Disc Gold Tour is the the fastest growing sport.

well now that I've given them a hit

Let's find more things on their front page. (ignoring the commaphobia present on the page)

"has taken a step into taking the sport into the mainstream"

"our first ESPN3 broadcasted disc golf event"

"we expect over 50k live viewers to support the cause while also gaining new disc golf fans with the 80 million potential viewers that have access to ESPN3."

The live viewer is going to gain new fans. Why will all those potential viewers become fans of the live viewers?

"Support the sport of Disc Golf!"

Nothing with wrong with this grammatically. I just love how the type color is only slightly different than the background color.

"until a ace is hit."

"Over $400 players pack to all Amateur participants."

I'm way less offended by this than by the rampant internet use of apostrophes with plurals. It also would have been nice if this was a link to the registration page.

"LESS than 5 spots remain"

Fewer. (This is a common error and not that egregious but I can't resist the Stannis quote)

"The brainchild that brought disc golf to ESPN, we fully expect him to keep pushing the boundaries of the sport with his ideas and drive." I don't know what all the fuss is about. The Dr. is clearly our savior. Without him, TRUE amateur disc athletes would never have the chance to be seen online.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

If you guys start combing through their website for ridicule-inviting statements, this is going to turn into a long thread.

Latest posts