• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are Revolution bags still relevant?

discspeed said:
the Revo bags came out Worlds ahead of disc golf as a whole in '98.
Eh, the company that really jumped the disc golf bag forward was Gateway. The Gateway bags from '96-'97 were a whole new world compared to the Wall City crapola bags we had been using. Gateway was the first bag with and internal frame, and it was leaps and bounds better than the other bags around. You can argue that the Revo's pushed that farther forward, but it wasn't a huge gap between the early Revo's and the Gateway bags. Gateway just lost its focus. Bags were just something else they did. Revo left them in the dust at some point, but we got Wizards so what the Hell.

I bought a revolution carolina last april. I love the bag. The main reason I bought it was because of the large side pockets. On casual rounds I like to be able to carry a 6 pack of tall boys which the side pockets allow. For tournaments I can carry as many towels and stuff as I want. The only thing I don't like about the bag is that I wish I could carry 2-4 more discs. I would consider the carolina very relevant if you only want to carry 18 discs. If you want more I would consider something else.

The only bag I would get to replace my carolina would be the Voodoo Karma since it has the big pockets with a little more space for discs.

Btw quality is still top notch. After a year of use mine is just as nice as when I first got it.

Working Stiff said:
discspeed said:
the Revo bags came out Worlds ahead of disc golf as a whole in '98.
Eh, the company that really jumped the disc golf bag forward was Gateway. The Gateway bags from '96-'97 were a whole new world compared to the Wall City crapola bags we had been using. Gateway was the first bag with and internal frame, and it was leaps and bounds better than the other bags around. You can argue that the Revo's pushed that farther forward, but it wasn't a huge gap between the early Revo's and the Gateway bags. Gateway just lost its focus. Bags were just something else they did. Revo left them in the dust at some point, but we got Wizards so what the Hell.

That's definitely true. My first bag was a Gateway bag that I got in 2002...It lasted my first 3 years of DG and some serious abuse before it started wearing through on the bottom. I had to go through some hoops to get a Gateway bag back then, but it was much better and less expensive than the best Innova/Discraft offerings at the time.

Revo bags are still hanging in there, I'd say I still see more revo's among tourney players than anything else.

My friend has the Gateway backpack and I really like the way its set up.

I rock the pumpkin orange crunch box w/quads, and I will until it breaks or I win something roomier. But then I only throw like 5 different molds so its JUST enough bag for me. I'm really happy with the durability of this bag seeing as I paid like 30 bucks shipped for it 8)

Some one should start posting pics of these old gateway and revo bags

ian said:

Here's mine after 6 years...

149013_10150354982935121_2177711_n.jpg

which was replaced with a Mojo ~ 4 months ago

Mixed Bag Madness said:
@rooneytunes- Is that really a Rick Santorum avatar??? :|

Yeah, I was thinking it would be obvious that it was a joke. I found the douchiest picture I could find.

rooneytunes said:
Mixed Bag Madness said:
@rooneytunes- Is that really a Rick Santorum avatar??? :|

Yeah, I was thinking it would be obvious that it was a joke. I found the douchiest picture I could find.

how hard was it to find the douchiest one given that it is santorum.

i didn't like my carolina, those side pockets are unnecessarily deep, the bottom was showing wear, and the internal frame was cracking only after a year of use. i eventually traded it for a silverback. i also own a squirrel monkey.

It's Celebration. It's good but i'd say that after six years it's not as savory as when it was opened. Had it been bottle conditioned for six years it could be awesome. So i'm not sure if it's 6 years of celebrating with that bottle. It's a long time with just one beer unless he was being unfaithful :-D

Mark Ellis said:
iowapat said:
ian said:

which was replaced with a Mojo ~ 4 months ago

It took you 6 years to finish a beer?

how old are you mark? all the cool disc golfers are making sure their beer matches their bag now. i have to stock up on camo colored cans during the hunting season or i'm drinking camo high gravity larger.

iowapat said:
Timko said:
iowapat said:
ian said:

Pat, please tell me that's Turkey Creek...

Yup...the "new" tee for #1...which is approximately 15ft back and to the right...

Wow, I live an hour away from turkey creek and didn't even recognize that till you said something. Theres a tourney there at the begining of april im looking forward to. Fun course.

I got a dual pack several years ago and immediately fell in love. The thing is just comfortable and carries the things I need/want. And it's basically indestructable. The only complaint I see with the dual packs is that the colors fade sometimes. I bought white so my only issue was that it started getting permanent dirt stains.

So I sold it for $100 and bought a black used one for $100 and figure I'll easily get several more years out of it. I'm not in love with the grip bags (less comfortable and a little small for my tastes). I agree that Revo seems like they are almost trying to fail with their (lack of) customer service, availability, and innovation.

When I buy my next bag I will still consider revolution first.

ATL Scott said:
I agree that Revo seems like they are almost trying to fail with their (lack of) customer service, availability, and innovation.
yea, i gotta ask wtf??? i've been watching their website since christmas and dual packs remain out of stock. i've sent emails and posted messages on their facebook group about when they'll get more and all i hear are crickets. :?

That's another thing, as the sport expands and the industry legitimizes, golfers will begin to expect the level of customer service that is present in other non-dg companies. I'm not saying that this will be the demise of revo (obviously, many golfers who are loyal to their product will promote and exhibit its quality), but with new golfers coming onto the scene everyday, they are being bombarded with great information and communication on these forums which should endear them towards those companies that are actively marketing and communication with them.

For a brief synapsis on my current Revo project, check out my thread in the Bag forum. F'in stoked boys.
KP

Everything seems to be out of stock on the revo site, and its been that way for months, except for the standard carolina bag.....Where do you get one, besides there website?

Latest posts