• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are Revolution bags still relevant?

To answer the question. No. I think Voodoo is the way to go if your looking for this style bag today. For the price and features its a much better choice.

With that said, I still feel lucky to have picked up a Revo Pro bag 2 years ago for about $90 before they stopped making them and increased the price.
The bag basically looks like I just bought it minus a little wear on the bottom where the frame rubs. I just picked up my first pair of Phenix Quads for it and expect to continue using this bag on short rounds and hot days in the summer.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

The 2 responses have been no, but i didnt ask a yes/no question so im confused. So ill just ask straight up. Is it still possible to get a dual pack revolution bag?

Droskee24 said:
The 2 responses have been no, but i didnt ask a yes/no question so im confused. So ill just ask straight up. Is it still possible to get a dual pack revolution bag?
Pretty sure the responses were answering the question in the OP.

But to answer your question, yes, it is possible. I don't know where to get them in the States, but not too long ago Discmania.fi got some more of them after they'd been sold out for close to a year. They must still be producing the bags.

I stumbled across this post and I thought I would weigh in seeing as how I've owned 3 different Rev bags beginning way back in 2000. I bought one of their first club bags that served me for years until I moved on to two separate Carolinas. All three bags were incredibly durable and worth every penny. I recall all but making my money back on resale but when it came time to look for a backpack system, I avoided Revolution for a few reasons already mentioned prior: Lack of innovation and just too big to carry. Living in Phoenix, it's hard to justify a military style pack when the temperature exceeds 100+ for several consecutive months. With a fairly saturated market now, staying relevant means offering the classics and still innovating based on established quality. It saddens me to see their website no different then it was 5-7 years ago and with no answer to redesigned backpacks. I think the Carolina is still an amazing bag with relevance but it's time to update and expand.

I am so impressed with the quality of the Carolina that I purchased 10(?) years ago. I still have that bag today and have been using it recently. The temps have been above normal around here with a ton of humidity so having my back covered by a backpack isn't much fun.

I feel kind of strange when I wear my Carolina out on the course amongst all these new-fangled Grips and Ergos, etc. It's like I've got some classic Air Jordans on or something. It wasn't that long ago that Carolinas were synonymous with "I actually take this seriously" and everybody had them. Now it's like a dinosaur.

I got mine from LoPan and it's great though. He sewed an organizer inside one of the side pockets for phones and stuff and a second strap on bottom of the drink holders to keep small bottles from slipping out and I've been enjoying the hell out of those improvements.

I still use my Revo Carolina team bag for putting practice. It was the first real bag that I ever bought and looks great after 8+ years. They are like dinosaurs though. When I watch tourney footage and I see people with those types of set-ups my brain says "Why would a sponsored pro not have a backpack bag?" :)

Latest posts