• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Just ordered a couple regular Electron Atoms, looking forward to see how these perform as a putting putter. The last MVP putter I actually putted with was the Anode.

Just ordered a couple regular Electron Atoms, looking forward to see how these perform as a putting putter. The last MVP putter I actually putted with was the Anode.

It feels like a lower profile, almost squished Anode in the hand. More sleek. Definitely point and shoot in the circle.

Is this going to be the most understable putting putter from the two companies?

I hope not. They need to go a notch more understable. But you could also argue that a beat Atom would fill this role. So there may not be a need.

I haven't beaten my Atoms up yet to find out.

I hope not. They need to go a notch more understable. But you could also argue that a beat Atom would fill this role. So there may not be a need.

Mine are beating in some. I need to figure out regular vs. soft and then stick with one.

I'm getting more and more comforable with the [proto blue] Atom. I've been using it for straight/left to right approaches.
I changed my grip up just a bit with it, having more of a fan type grip vs a power grip and the releases have been so much cleaner.

I did a couple hours in the field yesterday. The two firms I picked up, I've had one in the bag since release (what, couple of weeks?) and the other one I've just been messing around with on the practice basket at the house. There's already a difference in stability, the one I've been bagging, has a couple solid tree hits, bunch of drives, is hyzer-flipping easier and doing a nice late L to R turn, etc. I think these guys are going to be the US putter we've been looking for.

Got 2 Atoms recently, and they both have the bubble on one side. Not worried about it since it's not very pronounced, and these are going to be used strictly for putting anyway.

If these will take dye, Marshall Street has blank Atoms in regular and soft for the dyers out there.

Yeah the question is how does it dye? Isn't basic plastic notoriously bad for dying? Like it doesn't take or it bleeds... I already lost my first Atom and I'm waiting for the three replacements otherwise i would test it.

Yeah the question is how does it dye? Isn't basic plastic notoriously bad for dying? Like it doesn't take or it bleeds... I already lost my first Atom and I'm waiting for the three replacements otherwise i would test it.

I don't know this as positive but the way this stuff feels I don't think it will take dye. The texture is soft, velvety and rubbery. The only other plastic that I have to compare this to ( that I have personally felt/touched ) is Innovas R-Pro.

Well I stand corrected :eek:, If anyone knows MVP its Aim.

Seems like wiping a stamp on this would be hard to get off clean, I think it would smudge/smear on the disc and not come off.

As earlier I could be wrong about the stamp too. Has anybody tried it yet?

Well I stand corrected :eek:, If anyone knows MVP its Aim.

You can thank the MVP dyer I know personally, LaramieC on this one actually! But yeah the stamps in general regardless of the plastic are hard to wipe so its nice you can order blank MVP's anytime direct and request them through a favorite retailer to be stocked.

this is a guys who posts on instagram:

IMG_0318.png

Latest posts