• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

But how is it affecting stability? DX gets thrashed looking and becomes flippy. Haven't seen the same with Electron yet.

A dx driver gets flippy. A dx putter shouldn't be too bad after a month. I'm pretty sure an electon volt would get flippy fast.

A dx driver gets flippy. A dx putter shouldn't be too bad after a month. I'm pretty sure an electon volt would get flippy fast.

True, I understand what you're saying now. I was reading your comments in regards to the Atom only, not a driver.

I also wouldn't mind a flippy Volt. :D

Yeah, that would be interesting.

As far as the atom goes, I'm very impressed with this disc. The grip electron shows, even when wet, is amazing.

Yes, Electron grip when wet is impressive. The only thing I've found better is Gateway SSS/Eraser.

finger-tip-shapes.gif

Played two full rounds in a charity tournament on Saturday in the rain and cold and putted the whole set with my soft atoms, never needed to wipe them off. So nice.

I very easily put a deep gouge in the rim on a normal putt for example.

What kind of basket and normal putt is that? lol.... Something doesn't add up as mine don't have any gouges from 2-3 18+ hole rounds being the only putter I had in the bag.

DX when new doesn't grip remotely as good as electron plastic and ranges pretty wide in firmness/durability. Hitting some rocks was the worst damage yet but that was expected.

With how durable N/P plastic can be, at this point electron is great. Hopefully a firm version would be a touch more durable for mids or drivers. Soft ones would feel :gross: IMO.

Played two full rounds in a charity tournament on Saturday in the rain and cold and putted the whole set with my soft atoms, never needed to wipe them off. So nice.
:thmbup:
In the few rounds all winter I haven't touched them with a towel. Actually rubbed some mud off in the snow and picked it right up to bang putts.

Basket made of nails and broken glass

Just a DGA basket. It could have been a fluke for sure, but these have been less durable than DX in my experience. Like you said, that's not necessarily bad with the other blends available. I do think a firm would be useful though.

My reg Atoms have little dents along the edge, but no gouges, chunks missing, or hangnails. I've only used it for putting though, including about a 100 putts on a DGA(Mach Lite) practice basket.

yeah firm DX is actually more like neutron vs electron really. They don't even have much grip at first when new. Is R Pro plastic still a thing from innova? They definitely have that kind of a feel over the more "plastic" like baseline discs.

The only time my Atoms have had gouges taken out is from hitting the base of my Mach Lite Basket. I have hit a couple of trees and you can barely tell.

My new Atom arrived from DGC and the plate is kind of wavy/warped, not that big of a deal but kind of annoying. I'm going to try heating it and flattening it I think, maybe I can fix it.

Liking the Atom more and more as a putter, hits chains and drops. And that's not even the soft version. Getting long putts dialed in with it now too, not as much float, but good glide.