• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

I tried to dye an R-Pro disc and it bled bigtime. And that doesn't look like the dye took well.

I have dyed DX even though its said you cant. Most baseline doesn't have a dense sheen to the polymer so the appeance isn't going to be as sharp IMO.

You can thank the MVP dyer I know personally, LaramieC on this one actually! But yeah the stamps in general regardless of the plastic are hard to wipe so its nice you can order blank MVP's anytime direct and request them through a favorite retailer to be stocked.

Not me AIM. I should get my hands on a blank atom and give it a shot tho.

I'm liking the Atom as a putting putter. Plastic feel, grip, chain grabbing all superb...reg Electron. And being a little faster with the lower profile helps when putting in the wind. The only downside I see is with long putts, because the Atom doesn't have the float or glide of most other putters.

I'm liking the Atom as a putting putter. Plastic feel, grip, chain grabbing all superb...reg Electron. And being a little faster with the lower profile helps when putting in the wind. The only downside I see is with long putts, because the Atom doesn't have the float or glide of most other putters.

It definitely takes a little to dial in the long putts, for sure. What putter did you come from? I was throwing Judges, which have mega glide, so there was a little adjustment.

It definitely takes a little to dial in the long putts, for sure. What putter did you come from? I was throwing Judges, which have mega glide, so there was a little adjustment.

Voodoo and Magic, Magic for outside the circle. I'm starting to dial in long putts with the Atom...aim higher, lol.

It's funny, I mentioned this a few pages back...I've been putting for a while with soft P, Ions and Anodes. I feel like the Atom has MORE float than them, not a ton, but some. Plus I push putt, straight arm, no elbow or wrist action. Really had to kind of lob the soft P putters outside the circle, but the Atom has made me more comfortable with normal putting motion out to like 40+.

Probably don't notice it for push putts, but for spin putts it's definitely faster with less float. Just look at the low profile of the Atom compared to Ion and Anode.

Did some outside testing with these toaday.

The grip is fantastic but man are these easy to damage. Anyone who wants an electron volt may as well just carve one out of frozen butter.

That's why mine will be used strictly for putting. Pick another MVP/Axiom putter plastic for throwing, IMO.

Electron normal is pretty soft, I'm hoping for Electron Hard if they make driver/mid molds in that plastic. I still think it handles tree hits pretty well though, better than DX and Innova makes everything in DX it seems like.

I just got two more Atoms. Same weight, one feels flatter. I'm guessing that will be the thrower and the domey one will be the putter. I could see carrying three atoms and an envy.

The 2 reg electron Atoms I got are both slightly concave. And both with the bubble, that seems to be disappearing...which I didn't sweat anyway for putting with.

Did some outside testing with these toaday.

The grip is fantastic but man are these easy to damage. Anyone who wants an electron volt may as well just carve one out of frozen butter.

Make one a thrower for a month and then see if your opinion changes.

My thrower looks like garbage but still flies fantastically.

I think it would be different for a driver but I could be wrong, but that's kinda the case with most base line plastic.

Electron normal is pretty soft, I'm hoping for Electron Hard if they make driver/mid molds in that plastic. I still think it handles tree hits pretty well though, better than DX and Innova makes everything in DX it seems like.

So far it hasn't been more durable than dx in my testing. I very easily put a deep gouge in the rim on a normal putt for example.

I'm not saying this is bad or good though. Just my observations.

I think it would be different for a driver but I could be wrong, but that's kinda the case with most base line plastic.

So far it hasn't been more durable than dx in my testing. I very easily put a deep gouge in the rim on a normal putt for example.

I'm not saying this is bad or good though. Just my observations.

But how is it affecting stability? DX gets thrashed looking and becomes flippy. Haven't seen the same with Electron yet.