• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Did some half-arsed putting practice in the snow. Atom holds the line nicely, and seems long for a putting putter. No grip issues, either. I particularly like the Atom for jump putts.

I threw my beater Atom into chain link and brick for about an hour and it seems like it held up pretty well. Some scuffs that sanded right off and maybe a little warp in the plate. Didn't ruin the flight just a touch more turn and less fade.

bummer. Ive heard those fly just fine (and you get 2 unique grips in one disc lol) I didn't have an success flattening them either.

I wonder what's going on with the side boobs. Like if they are happening in transit or coming from the factory like that. I asked disc golf center to put them in a box for me instead of an envelope to be safe when I ordered my two firms (replied with a pissy email but did it anyway). I have been putting every day as well as doing short layups for several weeks and they couldn't be flatter. Looks almost new really. Just a few dings and scratches like you'd see on an S Wizard.

The only side boob I've seen was on one of my pink protos after a tree hit. After more impacts that has worked its way out a bit, but it's more like one micro boob now exists around the entire outer flight plate. So basically the disc has a slightly higher shoulder now than when new. Doesn't bother me though and flies great.

I never really heard "why" but don't believe its happening after they leave the factory. The nature of it just seems molded up that way. I shipped lots of atoms in bubble mailers without a single complaint on warping and had 2 stuffed in a disc golf bag for a while now that look fine.

I imagine we never see this problem again.

I really wasn't trying to kick off a s**t storm by asking. I feel like I kind of knew what he was saying, just wasn't super-clear because of word choice. I think the Dunipace (or wherever the DG usage originated) defines "glide" as the discs ability to stay aloft. That's more like 'float' than 'speed' to me.

So I think he was trying to say what you said above Tbird, but just picked the less clear term.

The side boobs have to be done at the factory, otherwise they wouldn't hold that memory I think so well.

I did fix mine after some more intense work. hehe

My 2 softs seemed kind of lumpy when I got them. "Boobie." Heh. I haven't done anything to them except putt a lot...seems like they've largely self-corrected. I just chalked it up to shipping issues, but I don't know.

My 2 softs seemed kind of lumpy when I got them. "Boobie." Heh. I haven't done anything to them except putt a lot...seems like they've largely self-corrected. I just chalked it up to shipping issues, but I don't know.

I had the same issue and I bought mine at Pias

if this your first time using the site, guys?! :p

attachment_6.jpg

Um, who told you to release this info? My side boob stamp is currently being developed by Zam.

:gross:

Broke down today and bought 3 atoms today in the soft neutron plastic... Holy hell do they feel amazing in the hands and when putting ☺️

Latest posts