• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

As nice as the Atom is it will not be bumping my Anode from the bag. It's just not as good of a putting putter for me. It definitely feels like more of a driving putter but only coming in baseline plastic right now I won't be using it for such anyway. It's a fun disc and worth the try but couldn't make the cut. Just a personal update.

so you think they made a new mold for the baseline plastic, and now theyre just gonna pump some premo innit and ship em out? buy an envy.

I made a nice putt yesterday with the atom from a ways out. Also had a bounce out from a nice distance. I really love the plastic, cant wait to see it on the Anode.

Btw, Envy is basically a premium Atom. They are pretty similar IMO.

The Atom is NOT an Envy. Maybe a baseline Proxy. The PROTO is a baseline Envy. Dang y'all

The Proxy is more like an Anode for me. An Anode with the Envy rim. I get a nice reliable fade at the end with the Envy and Atom.

Anode-Proxy-Atom

Ion-Envy-Proto

I have compared them. I stand by my observations. I'm not calling them excactly the same, but an Atom and an Envy are in different leagues. I have been throwing and putting an orange 168g Proto against a 168g soft neutron Envy and they fly and putt extremely similar. That's all I got to say about that

you can preorder these at disc nation right now-- not sure about anywhere else'

10985308_930707916940036_2128844851623143272_n.jpg

Looks like I will be waiting a little longer to pick up another Atom :thmbup:.

Glad I procrastinated on the purchase of another one.

How are the OM holding up on the Atoms? I've felt them up pretty extensively but haven't thrown any yet. They just feel very fragile to me. Are their break in periods like a Gateway putter plastic that looks hideous after a couple tosses and then ceases to wear in for the next year?

Mine are holding up pretty well, and I've thrown them harder than I do most putters because I use them for one disc rounds at a short 6 hole college course. Even nailed a large pine at pretty much point blank range. One thing that has changed is the low speed fade on my soft. It's about gone.

My Soft (I'm putting the Electron) is taking a lot of damage, but it's not chunking at all. There are scuffs all over though. The flightplate is clovering with every tree hit, but the overmold is retaining its shape keeping it flying like new.

Latest posts